Welcome!!! Please introduce yourself here.

Dan3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey my name is Dan and I have recently moved to the area. After a 5+ year hiatus from reef keeping, I have started up a 20 gallon tank that is newly cycled and eagerly waiting stock!

Az reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey my name is Dan and I have recently moved to the area. After a 5+ year hiatus from reef keeping, I have started up a 20 gallon tank that is newly cycled and eagerly waiting stock!
Welcome Dan! I have lots of sps frags available as well as a few other local guys that have zoas and lps. Let me know if you need anything. Tucson has a good reefing scene, but it isnt well known yet!!

JustAnotherReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey ya'll

just moved to Tucson had to leave all my coral and rock behind i New Mexico. I have a 75 gallon in the process of recycling.

Underthetree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not as active as some of us would like, but welcome to R2R @Underthetree!! What size of tank are you rocking? You should create a build thread! Don’t hesitate to reach out either on here, or on the main forum if you have any questions!
Again, welcome to R2R!
Ok, I have a 10 gal nano set-up, thanks for the reply

Rossko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its a real bummer this Tucson forum hasn't taken off too well. i'm not on other social media so it would be nice to have some more local insight in here. hmmm how can we get this blown up?! i know theres tons of reefers here in tucson! and im only talking about saltwater reefers lol.

WhoaTangs Clan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Tucson reefers,

By any chance do you guys know anyone who wants to trade a indo gold torch branch, that's split into 3 heads, for an eclectus or jawbreaker mushroom?
20191120_163230.jpg
20191113_204125.jpg

Rossko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Tucson reefers,

By any chance do you guys know anyone who wants to trade a indo gold torch branch, that's split into 3 heads, for an eclectus or jawbreaker mushroom?
20191120_163230.jpg
20191113_204125.jpg
What’s up dude, love your handle name it’s dope ... you won’t get much help in here man it’s a pretty dead thread/group.. I wish I had one of those to trade ya.. but if I were you I would give the AZ frag group a look into, lots of knowledge and passion in that group, way more traffic and I’m sure somebody will be able to make a trade with you there or at least guide you in the right direction.

WhoaTangs Clan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a million guys! I really appreciate the help! Also I'm not all into social media so I do not have any of those apps or accounts like Facebook and stuff. But I appreciate the offer for that too. I barely fat this account and I really debated it but I wanted to purchase some stuff so had to make one. But thanks again guys!

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the recommendation @KingFitz
We do head down pretty regularly to see Ambers folks. I guess I could/should make a thread on this channel on what I have and when I’m coming down to see if anyone wanted me to bring stuff for them.

I don’t have a ton of mushrooms, but I’ve got a few. I have lots of different varieties of zoas and rock flowers and a fair amount of LPS.

Rossko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a million guys! I really appreciate the help! Also I'm not all into social media so I do not have any of those apps or accounts like Facebook and stuff. But I appreciate the offer for that too. I barely fat this account and I really debated it but I wanted to purchase some stuff so had to make one. But thanks again guys!
I feel you on the no social media stuff, I would probably have a lot easier time finding good deals if I had to them.

Rossko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the recommendation @KingFitz
We do head down pretty regularly to see Ambers folks. I guess I could/should make a thread on this channel on what I have and when I’m coming down to see if anyone wanted me to bring stuff for them.

I don’t have a ton of mushrooms, but I’ve got a few. I have lots of different varieties of zoas and rock flowers and a fair amount of LPS.
That would be awesome if you made a thread for that! from what I’ve seen of your corals I would probably want some of those bad boys for sure

Mrs. K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Kari. I moved to Tucson 6 months ago. I had a 40 breeder with a 10 gallon Waterbox sump that I sold before the move.

Just bought a 16 gal Biocube and I'm excited to get the cycle going.

Thanks for having me and happy reefing ✌

cmustang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome all Tucson Reefers, please post here and tell us a little about yourself. Tank pics would also be cool for those you want to share. If you need help posting pictures PM me and I will walk you through it.
Thanks.
Hello everyone. I’m glad I finally found a forum with other reefers in the Tucson area. I had fish about 20 years ago when I was in Florida and we had to relocate, unfortunately had to get rid of my babies. About two years ago I decided to start again. I am amazed at how much things have changed with this hobby. In the two years, I have been battling with algae and aptisia. Fish are doing fine but I tried with a few corals and no luck (even the beginner ones didn’t make it) only two Duncan’s still kicking. I will probably be bugging you guys with a lot of questions for advice, I really want to get my reef going, bear with me since I am not very tech savvy. I will try to post some pics of the tanks.

cmustang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Justin, glad you found the Tucson club forum. Please spread the word and help me get some activity going in here.

Check out Simply Elegant Aquatics on Campbell just south of Glenn and SW saltwater on Oralce just south of Prince. PM me if you need better directions and Ill help ya out.
I go to Shark Reef, very friendly and helpful. I didn’t know the other two existed.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back