Welcome to Gran Playa Del Mar!!

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome all to Gran Playa Del Mar!!

Soon to be the home of a new five star reef attraction. Weighing close to 3,000 lbs and holding some marvelous sea critters that we have all come to love.

While the tank has been ordered, I am in planning stages for this new wonderful addition to . I now look to this wonderful community for advice at this critical stage.

The tank is a Red Sea 900 xl at about 79 inches wide. A layout of the room the tank (red square) could go in is roughly 89 inches wide corner to corner, but call it 87 inches due to window sills.

I don’t think there is anyway to move the tank into the room show below. Do you agree? I know the diagram says 6’10, but it’s incorrect. While I’m sure we could walk it in I am not sure we could get it to slide into that back wall. This would also require reinforcing the floor.

Would something like placing the stand on gliding furniture pads and placing the tank on the stand near the door way then gently pushing back into the wall work? How would you do it?

If this doesn’t work then the new tank goes into the garage on a cement slab.

BBEB7DB1-230B-447F-86D6-282CB7BF1907.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome all to Gran Playa Del Mar!!

Soon to be the home of a new five star reef attraction. Weighing close to 3,000 lbs and holding some marvelous sea critters that we have all come to love.

While the tank has been ordered, I am in planning stages for this new wonderful addition to . I now look to this wonderful community for advice at this critical stage.

The tank is a Red Sea 900 xl at about 79 inches wide. A layout of the room the tank (red square) could go in is roughly 89 inches wide corner to corner, but call it 87 inches due to window sills.

I don’t think there is anyway to move the tank into the room show below. Do you agree? I know the diagram says 6’10, but it’s incorrect. While I’m sure we could walk it in I am not sure we could get it to slide into that back wall. This would also require reinforcing the floor.

Would something like placing the stand on gliding furniture pads and placing the tank on the stand near the door way then gently pushing back into the wall work? How would you do it?

If this doesn’t work then the new tank goes into the garage on a cement slab.

BBEB7DB1-230B-447F-86D6-282CB7BF1907.jpeg

If you are keeping with laundry room plan, then I think anything is possible with enough willpower and effort. Suggest cardboard in windows to block UV as blinds don't block as much as we'd think. Will you also make your RODI and have associated storage in laundry room?

OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are keeping with laundry room plan, then I think anything is possible with enough willpower and effort. Suggest cardboard in windows to block UV as blinds don't block as much as we'd think. Will you also make your RODI and have associated storage in laundry room?
It it can fit then I would like to. I am just not sure how to tuck it back in there safely. RODI will run out of the mixing station in the garage.

Gundy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As mentioned, be sure to address blocking out the sun from the windows. They make a blackout fabric that comes in different colors that works good. It can be hung in place on a spring rod and placed behind existing drapes or shutters.

The stand won’t be hard to put in place, and if you have enough people, I think you can get the tank in place. I assume you will cut an access hole in the garage behind the stand for easy access to the equipment.

OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to tear the tank down to due to a disease outbreak. Lost all anthias, most chromies, and a few other fish. That was two months ago.

During my tear down the right side of the rocks broke apart so I had to rebuild.

A8F1BE13-AF13-4183-A17F-7229C22A2449.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back