Well water nano from 2007

MacroSurffReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 20, 2017
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right, no RODI water. I used well water on my nano 10galreef back in 07. The tank thrived for 4 years before I moved to a new home. I put this tank up in 07 not knowing much at all about saltwater tanks. I learned quickly and became obsessed with corals. My corals grew like weeds. That large plate coral/fungia was the size of a quarter when I bought it. 1 1/2 later it was the size of a dessert plate! It probably helped that I fed it a chuck of shrimp once a week right before I did my weekly 2 gallon water change. I used a HBF and a heater along with florescent lights. I miss this tank, it taught me a lot.
Screenshot_20170925-205442.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205734.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205925.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205907.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205812.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-210134.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205706.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205847.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205621.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205950.jpg


Screenshot_20170925-205847.jpg
 
That's right, no RODI water. I used well water on my nano 10galreef back in 07. The tank thrived for 4 years before I moved to a new home. I put this tank up in 07 not knowing much at all about saltwater tanks. I learned quickly and became obsessed with corals. My corals grew like weeds. That large plate coral/fungia was the size of a quarter when I bought it. 1 1/2 later it was the size of a dessert plate! It probably helped that I fed it a chuck of shrimp once a week right before I did my weekly 2 gallon water change. I used a HBF and a heater along with florescent lights. I miss this tank, it taught me a lot.
Screenshot_20170925-205442.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205734.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205925.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205907.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205812.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-210134.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205706.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205847.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205621.jpg
Screenshot_20170925-205950.jpg


Screenshot_20170925-205847.jpg
Awesome stuff! It'd be interesting to have known the chemical composition of your well water. :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new