Went into a chain saltwater store

Reading back.....I think I may have just killed the Chuck Norris thing....haha

But hey, "ohio reefer", I just noticed you had written the comment before me on the "Two pairs?" thread. Does what I said make sense or sound ridiculous? Its less based on fact and more on an idea given what I have learned along the way. Thought I'd get a second, or hopefully more, opinion. Thanks
 
Reading back.....I think I may have just killed the Chuck Norris thing....haha

But hey, "ohio reefer", I just noticed you had written the comment before me on the "Two pairs?" thread. Does what I said make sense or sound ridiculous? Its less based on fact and more on an idea given what I have learned along the way. Thought I'd get a second, or hopefully more, opinion. Thanks

Makes sense to me. However there is always the risk that they will kill each other. I was wanting to do a pair of Wyoming whites with my black onxy. However this could turn out to be a 500$ gamble. I was planning on having my two sebae anemones in a 240 gallon, the clowns would be introduced with a sheet of acrylic separating them for about a month or two. Then remove the sheet. If it works great. If they show aggression for more than 2-3 days then I'll seal the acrylic into the tank so each pair has a 4 foot section to themselves. Hopefully this is what happens because I want to do all clams and anemones on the left and all zoa and sps on the other side. I'm thinking about just placing the sheet in from the beginning and having two seperate tanks in one.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Makes sense to me. However there is always the risk that they will kill each other. I was wanting to do a pair of Wyoming whites with my black onxy. However this could turn out to be a 500$ gamble. I was planning on having my two sebae anemones in a 240 gallon, the clowns would be introduced with a sheet of acrylic separating them for about a month or two. Then remove the sheet. If it works great. If they show aggression for more than 2-3 days then I'll seal the acrylic into the tank so each pair has a 4 foot section to themselves. Hopefully this is what happens because I want to do all clams and anemones on the left and all zoa and sps on the other side. I'm thinking about just placing the sheet in from the beginning and having two seperate tanks in one.

I could just be pulling nonsense ideas, but in that case you could even look at keeping the divider in, but punching some holes in it so that the fish were free to roam, but there would be less chance that your Zoas would spread to the other side and that your anemones would keep to their side.

I'm not making that big of an investment; still on a tight budget. Got into the hobby because I worked for a LFS, but was on a college students budget. Not working for the LFS anymore, but still on a tight budget. I paired a B&W Ocellaris with an Ocellaris when we got a shipment of like 12 different clowns into the store over a year and a half ago.
I am hoping, once I get fully moved into my new apartment and have time, to try and breed my clowns as a side project. I know clowns are MUCH more complicated and require MUCH more work, but I used to breed and raise Mollies back in my freshwater days. It was a fun side project to the project that is aquarium keeping.
Anyway, I can't afford anything special, but I was going to try and get a misbar Ocellaris or something. Just to add another element, possibly a second pair, to my future adventures in clownfish breeding.
 
HAHAHAHAA I just read this post. Oh dear God. Why is this guy working in a fish shop????....
 
So....you read a thread that hasn't been posted in for over 2 months, to do nothing more than try and put someone down after I stated I no longer worked there, which you would have known had you actually read it all, and gave good reason? That's very big of you.

I think you're on the wrong site. Your kind of people are on Facebook. Good luck
 
So....you read a thread that hasn't been posted in for over 2 months, to do nothing more than try and put someone down after I stated I no longer worked there, which you would have known had you actually read it all, and gave good reason? That's very big of you.

I think you're on the wrong site. Your kind of people are on Facebook. Good luck

I believe she was referring to the original post
 
Last edited:
Well sense this thread was revived and i just spent 30 mins reading it. Here is one for ya. I was once told to replace my snails every few months because they quit keeping the tank clean. My thought was if there not getting eatin then they must be eating the algae or they would starve to death. Luckily that guy no longer works there. I do have to say though my petco is pretty good. If I go in and have a question they will find me a answer if they can. We have even went to the shelf and pulled books out and researched before. It all depends on who is working in these stores that determine what kind of service you are going to receive. Luckily mine are good people who care about their livestock and the tanks they are sending stuff home too.
 
So....you read a thread that hasn't been posted in for over 2 months, to do nothing more than try and put someone down after I stated I no longer worked there, which you would have known had you actually read it all, and gave good reason? That's very big of you.

I think you're on the wrong site. Your kind of people are on Facebook. Good luck

I am really sorry that you thought I was talking about you. I actually was referring to the original post.
 
Could very well be. If that is the case, then my apologies.

No worries. I am really sorry that you thought I was insulting you. I would never insult another reefer like that, I'm just not that kind of person.
So yea... anyways hope all is cool.
 
For some reason I just found this thread too. PM me the store, I would love to go raise a little hell. Will be passing through Columbus tomorrow and Sunday on the way to the wifes family in Mansfield.

LOL maybe let the 4yr old go in and show up the employees on his fish knowledge
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new