OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok took a few more pics tonight.

This is Dan. He has been in the tank for about 10 days now. Very healthy and eating like a pig. He is almost 8" so i didnt want to stress him out in the small QT tank. He will be the only guy in the system for about a month or so to make sure he is nice and healthy. All newcomers will go through Quarantine.
IMG_1662.jpg

I decided to take the side panels off. Because of the reflection you cant see through the side walls from the living room. It allows me to get a good view of the tank from the platform.

Here is Dan eating from his new TLF "VeggieMag". This veggiemag is awesome. Just pull the magnet off and it floats to the top. I can refil the veggie clip w/out getting my hands wet. I love it!
IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

And here are a couple guys in the QT.
IMG_1670.jpg

Progress will be slow going for a while as Fish go through the QT process. I'll probably wait a while before I move all of my corals over. I want to make sure the system is nice and established/stable before i risk moving my corals/clams.

Thanks for looking,

Wes

OP
OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics of the 65g taken last summer, things have grown quite a bit since then but I havnt taken any recent pics.

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

OP
OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have alot of updates. All my NEW fish have gone through QT and are in the system.

ALSO, this weekend I got everything and everyone moved over from the 65g. I took some pics. Sorry about the really bad glare. It's near impossible to get daytime pics w/out the sun glare from the living room window. I'll take some better pics when i get some time after sun down.

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

OP
OP
WesF

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that pretty much catches everyone up to recent status of the tank. Sorry for dumping all those pictures at once. My corals have been in the new tank for about 2 weeks now and appear to be settling in/coloring up nicely. So far so good. I was very nervous about moving my corals into the new/immature tank but I think everyone will be fine.

Thanks for looking,

Wes

fbodykiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
swee tank...i have been looking at the marineland 250 and the deep sea neo 185....cant decide..the 185 (60x30x24) would be a better fit....but who knows

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. You are off to an awesome start. Can wait to see the progression.

DCG1286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Wes (looking at the pictures you are the same guy from MR) ... Beautiful set up ... I love the aquascaping!

Acronuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice I love the way you did the rods with the rocks. Can you pm ith sanjay's info on those rods? Did you end up with gluing any of those rocks to the rods and finally any updates?

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build! I also have a DD 250 that I'm working towards setting up. I just wish I had the space / home arrangement to make it in-wall / in the garage like you have. Very nice. Looking forward to more pix / updates.

toejam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Wes, I am curious on your rubbermaid sump. I building a similar setup with a 100 gal rubbermaid tub and thought I would have to use a external skimmer to use it. How are you keeping the water level stable?

Very nice build. Nice job....

Travis

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back