WesF's In-Wall 250g DD

Wes, Beautiful tank, I might hit you up on some of your acro someday...:bigsmile:
 
Beautiful tank and awesome frag tank too.

Thank you!

Any tips on keeping the powder blue tang so healthy, i had several but just keep those sucker alive.

This is my first one and I haven't really done anything special other than feed it a nice variety of foods with plenty of veggies. Maybe I have been lucky and got a good one? He/she is growing pretty quickly.

Wes, Beautiful tank, I might hit you up on some of your acro someday...:bigsmile:


Thanks, sounds good.
 
Last edited:
Here is a pic from today.

I have been cutting a ton of frags the last couple months but it is still filling in a little.

null_zps2d0b649b.jpg


null_zps954dffc0.jpg
 
Thats AMAZING! If I may sak a few questions, does the bright green beauty in the back have a name, and what are your favorite 3 corals in the tank? Im looking for Ideas for a final piece.
 
Thanks! I think the bright green one in the back you are referring to is the green Slimer.

It's hard to pick favorites but my favorite large colony would probsbly be the Upscales Microlados.
 
I have an unfortunate update. I was hit pretty hard with an AEFW infestation. I made the difficult decision of pulling every acro out and putting them in a separate tank.

I cut all of the bases off and tossed them. I then dipped everything in bayer ever 7 days for 8 weeks. I lost a lot but managed to save about 40 different acros. Most of them were reduced to frags. They are all back in the display now and beginning to color back up. It was so much work. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I'm not adding anymore acros unless I decide to set up a coral quarantine system.

I took this opportunity to rearrange a few rocks. I also decided to remove the Monti cap. It just got too big too fast and was taking over.

Here it is today. I'm on the road to recovery. I just got sad looking at the old pics on this thread. :( I have a lot of growing to do.

vu9e5utu.jpg


uhehagum.jpg
 
Dang Wes, I'm sorry to hear about the pests. That's my biggest fear with new acquisitions. Good luck moving forward!
 
Thanks Erik. It was pretty devastating tossing away big colonies that I had grown for years. And it wasn't fun dipping everything every 7 days. I am happy it's finally over and I can move on.

I think I am now cured of my acropora addiction. I managed to save 40+ pieces. I will be happy with those knowing that I am 100% pest free.

It's just not worth the risk to add more without setting up a quarantine system where I can keep new acros for 2+ months while dipping every 7 days.
 
Man, Your tank was looking good. I lost alot due to red bugs and AEFW once. As much as I like some frags I get they never see my display till about a month or two later. I qt and watch very closely
 
Acros started slowly dying from the base up. I blew on one w/ a turkey baster and a worm flew off. Then I started pulling them out and found tons of eggs right at the base.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new