Wet Pets - Vernon

  • Thread starter Thread starter seagull18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

seagull18

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2011
Messages
225
Reaction score
105
Location
Tolland County, CT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I live only five minutes from this store, I haven't been there in months. The reason, very limited selection of fish and corals and their prices were sky high. I heard they were under new owners so I thought I would stop by and take a look. What an improvement. They converted a lot of their tanks to corals. Their selection is not up to par to my favorites, Exotic & Aqua Dreams, but after talking to the owner, it looks like there looking to step up their game to a new level. Also their pricing was much more competitive with most of the other LFS. They remind me a little bit like Blakes but with a much larger selection of supplies. The only pricing I forgot to check was that of salt. If they continue to make the improvements I saw, they definitely could become a go to place. The owner was very pleasant and seemed to have a reasonable knowledge of the hobby. I'm not saying you should make an hour drive but if you are in the area, I would definitely stop by and take a look. By the way they do carry LRS "Reef Frenzy"
 
I live close by to WetPets. I have been going there for a couple years for freshwater, but have been going a lot more lately now for my saltwater. They are getting a lot more into some good coral frags and as you said the prices are getting a bit better. I have recently bought a couple of frags there and they are doing great.
 
How long has it been since you were last in?
Does Derek still own it, or is it someone else now?
 
Went there for first time today. First impressions where positive. Even though they had a sign up stating that they are in the middle renovating. The place was very clean. The staff was very polite. Needless to say my wallet is a little lighter now.
 
Yeah, Seagull, I've got them mixed up. Explains why some of your remarks about them didn't seem to line up with my experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new