Wet pets

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was at wet pets yesterday for the first time. there fish selection for salt and fresh water was very impressive. for corals i didn't see any sps but the lps was the best I've seen near pittsburgh. the most impressive thing i seen there was probably that huge clam it has to be over 3 feet long and the long tank with the big lion fish and other very big aggressive fish.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah their display tank with the clam is very nice. I don't know why they don't try to get into sps at all. They do have some nice lps but the prices are steep. They just expanded and that section with the empty new tanks is all new.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had SPS when I was down there last for some salt. That had to have been around mid-may. It was in one random stand alone corner tank, and seemed to be mostly mini-colonies for $100-$175. Might've been an experiment that didn't go too well. Their prices are high, but you get what you pay for. I have a puffer for sale that's been with me for 4-5 years now and an Eel that is probably 26".

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lps pieces didnt seem to bad 50 bucks for some nice size lps they had a very nice bubble coral that would of been around 100 bucks at elmers and it was 49.99

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their prices are high, but you get what you pay for. .

+1 I think I had one fish die shortly after I got it in my tank in all the years I have purchased from them and they gave me credit no questions asked. All but one of the fish in my tank are from Wet Pets.

Roland, those prices don't seem that bad. They were higher than that last time I looked at the coral. It has been a while though, since I usually just look at the fish when I go in.

Last edited:

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love the discus they have are so nice. imo a planted discus tank rivels any reef tank in difculty and beuty to keep. but at 800 for a pair i think ill stick to my 29 gal. nano.

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didn't check the prices on the discus but 800 i don't think thats right. the most i seen them at elmers was 130 for one. the most i ever spent on a fish was 80 for my emperor no way i could spend 400 on one fish.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had the space for one in a large reef tank, I could see getting a crosshatch trigger. That'd be the only way I'd spend that much on a fish.

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They recently got rid of their SPS tank because they said they didn't sell any of it. I think their customer base is geared toward fish. They have a decent selection of basic corals, but many they have had for months. They actually had some nice SPS there, but their prices were really high.

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have not managed to make it out to the store. A little funny considering I'm usually out at Ray's around once a month or so. LOL

OP
OP
V

vr697getta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah same with me i always seem to be out that way on saturdays and they close early on saturday.

bigmatt1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice store i recomend you go i was there for the first time about 3 weeks ago and cant wait to go back.

AHDOnline

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do have a lot of nice livestock. I was disappointed when I was there Wednesday as it seemed most all the coral was droopy and looked bad.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back