Status
Not open for further replies.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just as an aside but everyone in this hobby should have a "letter to a loved one" in case something happens to us. Cost, what to feed, how to run, start, stop, diagrams, etc. I don't mean this to be directed at you but as I read your comment this came to mind. Something I try and tell new hobbyist, and old alike. Just something good to have along with accounts, passwords, etc.

Stressful time for them. I personally would hate to make matters 10x worse because I didn't take time to leave basic notes. Again not directed at you. Sorry about that.
Agreed. Anyone with pets should have a will designating what is going to happen.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way the police are going to spend any time helping audit or enforce that. It's just another waste of air politician doing waste of air politician things. Much like the "saving nemo" bill, this is some kind of grand standing or virtue signaling. Politicians are mostly ego maniacal narcissists. Par for the course.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt... Assuming they had not read the entire article and therefore were spouting nonsense.
I read the entire article twice. It (the bill and the article) were (IMHO) poorly written and executed. In fact - since the bill was tabled - there was no reason to report on it - except to rile people up. It's a non-issue - except to show the 'hobby' the lengths governmental agencies will go to close things down. What you may not be aware of - is that there are agencies out there - who would prefer NO fish or coral be kept in aquaria. There are people out there that think pure-bred dogs etc should be gotten rid of - and that eventually dog and cat ownership be gone. From PETA: "PETA is absolutely opposed to all breeding." - (their bold not mine).

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the Fukushima nuclear disaster, I traveled to the exclusion zone to assist in the conducting of technology demonstrations for The Japanese version of the EPA. People who had to evacuate let their animals go free to fend for themselves. Cows, cats, dogs, birds, turtles went back to being wild. Can you imagine a feral nessarius snail sliding down the abandoned street? Yeah, me neither...

I did not waste any time reading the article.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not every legislator is at the tippy top of the class... just like somebody graduated last in their med school class, somebody on here has the worst reef tank husbandry. Probably should not lump all lawmakers in together... unless you have never done a bad piece of work and have otherwise been flawless at every job that you ever did.

FWIW - my wife and kids know who to call to come and take down all of my tanks and pay her a fair price for everything. It is a local maintenance company who can handle large tank moves and have the facilities for all of my fish, corals and live rock.

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s taxation without representation! Hmmm didn’t we settle this over 200 years ago! Lmaooooo! Well all I can say is when I die I want to be buried with all my fish and coral my tank will be my casket! They will have to pry my tank out of my cold dead hands! Boo haaaa!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not every legislator is at the tippy top of the class... just like somebody graduated last in their med school class, somebody on here has the worst reef tank husbandry. Probably should not lump all lawmakers in together... unless you have never done a bad piece of work and have otherwise been flawless at every job that you ever did.

FWIW - my wife and kids know who to call to come and take down all of my tanks and pay her a fair price for everything. It is a local maintenance company who can handle large tank moves and have the facilities for all of my fish, corals and live rock.
same here

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some ding dong in Colorado introduced a bill that would tax all pets annually, including fish. HB24-1163. Sure hope it fails. Sure am glad I don't live in Colorado. Invertebrates are on the list, so I imagine they'll be going after coral and clams. Steep fines for non compliance.
hate to say it but this is the stuff that happens when you keep voting for liberals no mater what state or country you live in. It just is how they think sadly. Yes, I looked at the bill's sponsor and she is a democrat. Idealism can be a beautiful thing but when you force your ideals on others it isn't really governing and allowing choices, it is ruling over others. Far too many politicians around the globe get drunk on power and use it to do stupid things.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post is total BS! No one would do this! Oh wait, I was wrong.

IMG_20240205_172718762.jpg
IMG_20240205_172743821.jpg
IMG_20240205_172743821.jpg

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hate to say it but this is the stuff that happens when you keep voting for liberals no mater what state or country you live in. It just is how they think sadly. Yes, I looked at the bill's sponsor and she is a democrat. Idealism can be a beautiful thing but when you force your ideals on others it isn't really governing and allowing choices, it is ruling over others. Far too many politicians around the globe get drunk on power and use it to do stupid things.
Not to get too political, but I think when it comes to liberals and conservatives it can be hard to pick your poison. Conservatives don't tend to care too much about protecting the natural environment the creatures we love come from. That means that eventually these lovely things disappear. It's a problem either way. But, before we start into much more of that, there isn't really an argument to be had with me. I'm not on either side, I tend to think most major political parties are corrupt or incompetent. I don't want to be controlled by virtue signaling nanny state clowns or by the clowns that want to rampantly destroy the natural world around me in the name of profit. Pick your clown, I guess.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

This thread is going to continue to go off the rails with political talk, people getting their feelings hurt, arguing and fighting. Already reports coming in and we’re not going to moderate it tonight.

Closing until further review.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back