We've been using the Maxspect Gyre XF300s. What's new about them? | AskBRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

So we've had these new Maxspect pumps on the BRS160 for a couple of months now and today I'll dive into what I liked the most about the recent upgrade from the XF200 series. :)

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate companies that don't make things backwards compatible. People who bought the 200 series have no choice but to buy new 300 series when they cant get replacement heads parts etc. Also if you own the 0-10 adapter useless now.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added 2 FX330 to my Redsea Reefer 250. They replaced the Icecap 3k. Yes mine are DEAD SILENT. I like that 2 can be run on one controller with only one power supply freeing up an outlet and space . I like that you can Sink ,Anti Sink , or Need Follow. It also has 2 preset programs that are nice and they work well when the pumps are mounted opiset of each other. I have mine mounted on the back wall of the aquarium and found that the presets don't work as well when mounted this way. The top flow deflectors work well and I have mine mounted closer to the surface and there has been no vortexes formed from having them set 2 inches down

U

User1

View Badges
I hate companies that don't make things backwards compatible. People who bought the 200 series have no choice but to buy new 300 series when they cant get replacement heads parts etc. Also if you own the 0-10 adapter useless now.

This was the primary reason why I removed my XF250's and will no longer recommend them to fellow hobbyists. Not to mention they are just getting too big at this point in time compared to other products.

Edit: Forgot to say nice video. Especially the bit about shooting water out of the tank...good to see I'm not the only one who had done that.

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on available flow programs on the new controller compared to the 2-series? I find them pretty limiting, with most of the options not useful in a real aquarium, and this was one of the areas I was hoping they would improve.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on available flow programs on the new controller compared to the 2-series? I find them pretty limiting, with most of the options not useful in a real aquarium, and this was one of the areas I was hoping they would improve.

From what I saw, they were pretty much all the same flow patterns and options. I did see the semi-limited ability to create a "custom wave" when you have the Advanced Controller tied to the Syna-G ICV6 wireless controller, but I just didn't seem like something I would use myself and wasn't one I thought I'd highlight. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back