What’s going on with my BTA??

MB_Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my bta a month ago and it was fine the first week but now it looks like the tips of the tentacles are falling off and idk what to do? The tank also came down with brook so the fish are currently out of the tank in a quarantine tank. All the coral in the tank is healthy as well. Do you think me taking the fish out did something? The bta has not been puffed up all the way and has not been showing their bubbles tips.

Alkalinity: 12dkh
Calcium: 380ppm
Phosphate:0.10ppm
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite:0ppm
High range ph:7.9
Nitrate:0

IMG_0849.jpeg image.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems do that from time to time, so not overly unusual.
In any event, if nitrate is true zero and that is possible without fish, just bump it with Neo-nitro, then it’s available right away.

Overfeeding with take way to much time and may boost phosphates which you don’t want to do.

OP
OP
MB_Corals

MB_Corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think it will go back to normal after after the fish are back in the tank.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do btas eat Red Sea ab plus
Not in the wild. They eat stuff that drifts by, plankton and small food particles with a few tiny fishes now and then. They don’t have skeletons but they do have mouths that will eat.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my bta once a week
Sometimes mysis/ earth worms / mussels small pieces / brine shrimp /they take flake. They seam to love sinking veggie pellets. But you don't need to feed them they get there goodness and health from your lights and good water parameters. Get your nitrate off 0
See what happens In the pictures it looks like it is squeezing into the rock are your lights too powerful sometimes they will shi away from really bright lights when first introduced to a new tank. Bta like moderate flow. Have you got a picture in white light so we all can have a look please

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back