OP
OP
xxjokerxx0415

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In regards to everyone’s concerns I have two other corals. I added today and they are fine. And opening up after a few hours of being in the tank. So what’s the deal with the Kenya tree who are indestructible.

IMG_8726.jpeg IMG_8725.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry but at 50 par I think the issue is with the lights. It’s obviously struggling and everything else is fine like you say. Your other corals also look brown, which is one of the results of low lighting.

OP
OP
xxjokerxx0415

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry but at 50 par I think the issue is with the lights. It’s obviously struggling and everything else is fine like you say. Your other corals also look brown, which is one of the results of low lighting.
They are brown corals though at least the Kenya and the leather is. They just got introduced to the tank a few hours ago. They are fine but the Kenya tree was in the same location as the leather. So why would the leather open and star polyps that are in the mid level of the tank getting less than 50 par right now doing fine but not the Kenya makes no sense.

Last edited:

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those greenish because this it what it looks like with a blue light on which I’ve never seen in a regular pink kenya. These are photos of when I 1st got it. IMG_8533.jpeg IMG_8534.jpeg
Is it one of these? If so, mine have not only withstood every beginner error I have thrown at them (as evidenced by the empty frag plugs), but they are now taking over the tank.

keithmeseroll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never add chemicals to the tank I let the corals bring dkh down on their own as they have in the past for me. At least I think they are cuz it always comes down on its for me.
Are you using a new type of salt mix? The mix may have a higher concentration of alk and salinity

OP
OP
xxjokerxx0415

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it one of these? If so, mine have not only withstood every beginner error I have thrown at them (as evidenced by the empty frag plugs), but they are now taking over the tank.

I believe so but less green. The tip of the branches are more green than the entire coral itself like in the picture.

OP
OP
xxjokerxx0415

xxjokerxx0415

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a new type of salt mix? The mix may have a higher concentration of alk and salinity
Ahhhh finally someone who has sparked a light bulb lol. I haven’t used a new salt but the salt I do use it may not be use to compared to what the store uses. I use instant ocean reef crystal salt. With has calcium, magnesium, and other minerals. I’m sure alk is one of those because you can’t have raise calcium without raising alk or the other way around.

You think it could be that? That the store may use a different salt than I do?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back