What’s next for Apex

CaptPatrick

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2016
Messages
385
Reaction score
237
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to decide on a controller/monitor and it’s between an Apex with trident or GHL profilux with Ion director and kh director down the line since the ion can’t test kh as frequently as kh director. I like the GHL because of what it can monitor/test and from what I’ve read people say they have better hardware but apex is more user friendly software. So I’m curious if anyone has heard of any talk about apex coming out with something to compete with Ion director, mainly automated nitrate testing. I realize the trident does kh,ca, and mg so the only real thing that ion does that would be useful for me is the no3 as I’ve never even tested for K. I think an automated no3 and po4 would be very useful. Just wondering peoples thoughts or if they’ve heard what the next big thing for Apex is.
 
It wouldn’t surprise me if it was in the works but if we haven’t heard about it then it’s probably at least 2 years away. I don’t have much experience with GHL but I love my apex and I find a lot of the modules very useful
 
I just went GHL. My second choice was Hydros. I had a Neptune in the 2000's but when recently holding the Apex and the GHL in each hand side by side---by far and away the quality of the build is totally with GHL---Apex feels like a chinsy kids toy and GHL feels like a well made computer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new