What’s the best turf algae eater??

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a turf algae problem and my nutrients are low but what would be the best thing that would eat it. Snails, hermits, urchins, tangs maybe?

OP
OP
ReefGuy1234

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the tank? My foxface and starry Blenny eats turf all the time and now I’m just battling gha, that they constantly eat.
Is 75 gallons and I have a lawnmower blenny. I was planning of getting a foxface too but I don’t really know about that in a 75.

Trizz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Mexican turbo snails are the best for all Algea's. I had a bad hair and turf problem, in a water box 90.3 purchased 15, and within a week all the rocks and some of the gravel were all cleaned up, also started dosing small amounts of Vibrant
Keep the tank nice and clean....

sgrosenb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure exactly what algae you have or if it's fixed already, but I had what looked to be turf algae covering the majority of my rocks. It was bad. I have a 165 gallon tank and ordered 200 blue leg hermit crabs and it was literally gone, 100%, in 2 weeks. I don't have a need for all the hermits so I'm bringing about half of them to donate to the local fish store. I was amazed at how well they just mowed through the algae.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back