What’s the closest city to you?

dzfish17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Clovis Ca... San Fransisco is 3 hrs north, Los Angeles is about 3.5 to the south. We have 3 really good fish stores locally with healthy fish and corals. One of my favorite pastimes is traveling around the state dropping into fish stores to see what goodies they might have.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing you mean "nationally known" city, which rules out Medford, OR. :)

Eugene, OR: nearly 3 hours north
Salem, OR: almost 4 hours north
Portland, OR: 4.5 hours north
Sacramento, CA: A bit over 4.5 hours south
San Francisco, CA: 5.5 south
Seattle, WA: 7 hours north

As you can see, I have a drive to get to any decent LFS. I checked out one in Redding, CA, and it was .. ok, but a bit underwhelming. Hopefully, the one in Roseberg or Eugene will be better, else, I'll need to drive all the way to Portland.

I'm staying in Ashland, OR with my fiance during COVID, and a friend is subletting my apartment in Seattle, for if and when I come back. Becoming increasingly clear that at most it will likely be a weekend place to sleep for times I need to be back there for work. At least until the kids get out of school... then we may look into buying a place up there. I do miss the Washington Cascades and the Olympic Peninsula.

--Gray
Medford is TINY lol
my first time flying into there a couple years back at night, I thought we were landing in a farm field lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Milwaukee and green Bay, and you can count CRAB city (Fondulac - crab mcjones)

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 55 25.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 24.4%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back