OP
vpierce3

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who said it was dietary?
You mentioned the importance of diet. And suggested dietary supplements.
I think vetteguy was just saying the fish should heal without those things.
Nobody disagrees with what you said, however in my case the fish already receive good nutrients therefore, in this instance, and since it’s just a scrape, supplements probably aren’t necessary.
Please don’t be offended, your input is valued.

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your post, @vpierce3. :D

It is difficult in this medium (posting) to be clear about 'feelings.' What I or someone writes in a nurturing 'voice' may be read by another as being upset or harsh.

I can assure you, I was not offended. I was just uncertain.

I did mention them (nutrition and supplements) in the context of helping the fish to heal faster, not in the context that the injury was diet/nutrition related. :)

I do wonder sometimes if my contributions are of any value. :thinking-face:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You mentioned the importance of diet. And suggested dietary supplements.
I think vetteguy was just saying the fish should heal without those things.
Nobody disagrees with what you said, however in my case the fish already receive good nutrients therefore, in this instance, and since it’s just a scrape, supplements probably aren’t necessary.
Please don’t be offended, your input is valued.
I agree. The point for clarity is that Nutrition does not substitute or is constituted as a medication to cure active diseases most needed for fish health is Vitamin E and thiamin which many fish diets lack. I often state to maintain good water quality and diet and never have or will suggest its a cure but does help with immunity health and stamina for many fish especially those that are known class such as carnivores, herbivores, etc.
Insult is not the intention but rather clarification and confirmation of specific needs.

Weeb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point for clarity is that Nutrition does not substitute or is constituted as a medication to cure active diseases
I agree for the most part. I would never suggest otherwise, except maybe in the case of Lymphocystis (if it is defined as a "disease.") :)

OP
OP
vpierce3

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys for all your great input. I am confident in the nutrition my fish receive. However just to be safe I will pick up some Selcon and/or garlic drops.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back