What’s up with no GHL doser 2.2 in North America?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my seemingly never ending quest to decide on a controller, I’ve noticed that people claim the wifi chip in the 2.2 dosers eliminates most of the wifi issues people have been reporting with the GHL system.

however, it seems North American distributors only carry the 2.2 Maxi, and it seems that nobody on this side of the pond sells the regular doser 2.2.

what’s up with that? Is there any plan to sell them over here soon?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

since the SA 2.1 is no longer produced, I think we just have to wait for the stocks to be renewed and deliveries from Europe to USA made..
@Vinny@GHLUSA will surely be able to tell you more.

Gaël

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my seemingly never ending quest to decide on a controller
If you looking for a controller with good WiFi connection - you can buy the profilux 4. IME - during the last 3 -4 years - there have been no problem with its WiFi chip. Most problems have been reported for the WiFi chips in doser 2, doser 2.1 and the old Maxi SA. I+m not sure but I think that the new line of SA dosers will have the same WiFi chip as P4 and mitras

Sincerely Lasse

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you looking for a controller with good WiFi connection - you can buy the profilux 4. IME - during the last 3 -4 years - there have been no problem with its WiFi chip. Most problems have been reported for the WiFi chips in doser 2, doser 2.1 and the old Maxi SA. I+m not sure but I think that the new line of SA dosers will have the same WiFi chip as P4 and mitras

Sincerely Lasse
Doser 2.2 SA uses the same wifi module as P4.

Gaël

OP
OP
L

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, so best bet is to get the P4 as well and use that for my connection? I was hoping to start with KHD SA and add controller later down the line

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, so best bet is to get the P4 as well and use that for my connection? I was hoping to start with KHD SA and add controller later down the line
You can of course start with a Doser 2.2 SA and set it as EXT when you add a ProfiLux 4 later, this is one of the many advantages of GHL products.

Gaël

OP
OP
L

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can of course start with a Doser 2.2 SA and set it as EXT when you add a ProfiLux 4 later, this is one of the many advantages of GHL products.

Gaël
Right, but given the fact that the 2.2 doesn’t have any improved wifi chip compared to the 2.1, I could end up with the connectivity issue unless I buy a P4 to use as my connection?

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, but given the fact that the 2.2 doesn’t have any improved wifi chip compared to the 2.1, I could end up with the connectivity issue unless I buy a P4 to use as my connection?
I'm sorry but I think @Lasse caused confusion. As I indicated Doser 2.2 SA uses the same wifi module as P4.
Gaël

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are (or will be) the differences between the Doser 2.2 EXT and the Doser 2.1 Slave?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the new line of SA dosers will have the same WiFi chip as P4 and mitras

I'm sorry but I think @Lasse caused confusion. As I indicated Doser 2.2 SA uses the same wifi module as P4.
Gaël

I´m sorry if anyone get confused - with the new line of SA dosers - I meant 2.2 Maxi SA and of cause also the new doser 2.2 SA.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back