What’s wrong with my clown?:(

ryan_tplrwint

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Manchester, England, UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up to my clownfish looking like this this morning. She’s been acting a little weird all week, staying close to only one corner of the tank but was still eating.

My parameters are all normal (see below)

Salinity - 1.026 SG
Alkalinity - 270 ppm
Nitrite - 0ppb
Ammonia - 0ppm
Phosphate - 0.02 ppm
Nitrate - 10.2
PH -8.3
Calcium - 440 ppm
Temp - 26 degrees Celsius

It doesn’t look like ich or velvet to me so I’m really struggling to work out what’s happened and if I should be worried about the other two fish in the tank.

I’ve just took him out and put him in a separate QT that I have set up for emergencies.

Please can someone help me work it out?

IMG_4602.jpeg IMG_4604.jpeg IMG_4606.jpeg
 
Looks like it could be Brookynella.. very contagious and your other fish could get it. Treatment for temporary relief would be freshwater dips, but should remove asap to treat with Chloraquine Phosphate in QT. I’m sure there is a humblefish thread or two on Brook already to find details beyond this super general comment. Act fast though. This disease kills quickly,
 
Upvote 1
What other fish in the tank and what size tank is it? Staying in a corner and not leaving is often a sign that its being bullied.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new