What’s wrong with my fish?

Rose87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We started a 36 gallon bow front tank in early July so our tank is about 8 months old. We have a pair of ocellaris clowns, a royal gramma, and a blue spot puffer, plus a skunk shrimp and emerald crab. A few months ago we went on vacation and the tank was over fed and lights somehow got off kilter while we were gone, which resulted in a hair algae problem and algae bloom in the water. The past few days we tried to combat this by leaving the lights totally off for a few days. When we went back to our normal schedule yesterday, our royal gramma was way braver and out in the open more than ever before. It was going after our skunk shrimp and we also noticed our puffers tail looked different. Today we noticed this spot on the side of our puffer. Is the royal gramma attacking him or is he sick? Any help is appreciated. All water parameters are in the normal range except phosphates, which we’re working on with phosguard. All fish have been together for 4+ months.
67E9CA8E-D4D6-4F69-A1B8-04BA0B73A152.jpeg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it has been damaged. I'd watch it for redness. It may heal on its' own, if it doesn't, antibiotics in QT.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back