What’s your embarrassing/can’t believe I’d did that moment

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's such a long story. I like to drink chocolate milk with Nestles Quik, but I leave the powder in the bottom--I don't mix it up. So one night when the kids were little, I made a glass of milk, and took one of the kid's straws out of the dishwasher. It was some hard plastic kiddie straw.

So, I was trying to get milk up that straw, but nothing would come out. Finally I got some crunchy stuff in my mouth, chewed it, swallowed, and thought, "boy, that Quik must be stale or dried out." Sucked and got more crunchy stuff. Then spit it out and realized that it wasn't Quik. It was dishwasher detergent stuck in the straw. Then I started to get panicky. Two little kids asleep in bed, single mom....Anyway, I called Poison Control and after a long humiliating conversation they told me to drink a gallon of water over the next 4 hours and forget about it.

Ok now I am sorry but I am lying in bed laughing my head off. That is tooooo funny. I’m glad you are ok!! I could tell you some stories of my patients that have called in the middle of the night from swallowing stuff or their kids getting various toys stuck in various body parts!

Thanks for sharing!!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to be chronically late and disorganized. Now mostly just disorganized.

Made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. Couldn't find drivers license. Better Half tapping foot. Drove back to the house a mile and a 1/2 away and searched the house. Had to use my twic card to get on the flight.

Find drivers license where I left it in carry on for easy retrieval.

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the gym and worked out. On the way back to the parking lot couldn’t find my keys. Looked all over the gym, had workers helping me. Walked back outside and realized my car was still running. I had got to the gym and never turned the car off

@tdlawdo

I just re-read your post because it kept reminding of something but I could not put my finger on it.

I put my gym bag in the back seat and my belt onto the top of the bag. Anyway I was looking for something and had to take my belt off to get into the bag. I put the belt on the trunk while I was going thru the bag.

So long story short 2 miles after leaving my house someone is honking and pointing at my car. Luckily I didn’t loose it.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ever done something so goofy you can't believe you did it? Like go to the store with two completely different shoes on? and not notice until you were paying for your stuff after you had been in the store for at least 30 minutes...

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever done something so goofy you can't believe you did it? Like go to the store with two completely different shoes on? and not notice until you were paying for your stuff after you had been in the store for at least 30 minutes...

Don’t worry, it happens. A lady I work with does this at least once a month. She gets ready in the dark bc she doesn’t want to wake her husband.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blowing $10K on a 125G build realizing that you should have gone with the $1500 40B build all along [emoji28].

Then trying to sell said $10K build and experiencing everyone low balling you where you have to sell everything for $1500 just to get it out of the house [emoji29]

Shredder99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, here's mine from when I was young and dumb. I was housesitting for a friend. Her dad lived with her and he was a great guy who had the greatest stories. He was a WWII vet and had a Japanese rifle complete with a detachable 16 inch bayonet that he picked up during the last days of the war. So they are going out of town to see family and asked if I could swing by the house each day to water the plants and make sure that all was well. On the second day as I was about to leave, I ear a thump in the basement. I waited for a bit and about the time I was about to tell myself that it was nothing, I hear three rapid fire thumps. Holy cow, there's someone down there! I tell myself. I decide to go grab the Japanese rifle. As he has no ammo for it, I attach the bayonet. Why I didn't just call the cops, I don't know; I was young and full of hormones. I go to the top of the steps and yell the biggest profanity laced threat that whoever it is had better show themselves. Nothing. I scream out that I am armed and throw the bolt on the rifle (that has no ammo) . Then I hear a thump. I yell out again and decide that I can't run down the steps as I will be exposed, so I jump from the second step to the basement floor (with an antique rife...that is not loaded...and has a 16 inch bayonet attached). I spin around towards the sound, ready to skewer the dastardly trespasser...and see an old dehumidifier giving out a periodic thump. I fell to the ground laughing as my heart that was pounding out of my chest. My friend and her father return a few days later and I tell the story; she's is laughing so hard she starts to cry. He pulls out his pipe, lights it and says "I am just glad my dehumidifier didn't get run through." I talked to her last year and she said that story is now legendary in her family.

Jose Berry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank related; upon installing internal bulk heads I completely forgot to tighten the emg dump bulk head. The tank was a 125g, the pressure kept it from leaking untill I went to move the pipe a few degrees and then the tank proceeded to dump.

I now triple check anything I tighten lol.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my age I have had many.

One of the funniest, to me, was I was working on truck restoration. I literally had a ratchet in my hand pointing it someone asking where they put it. I swear the person had a look on their face like they were either gonna explode laughing or punch me right in the face.

:D

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O
Just wondering if anyone out there has done something that when you look back you say I can’t believe I did that.

I am doing stuff all the time that leaves my wife wondering how I function at all.

These following are true, real life .......

I once thought I lost my phone and was looking for it frantically when I realized I was on it. I had my shoulder holding it.

I once lost my keys in my car for 4 days. I searched the car 4 times. I had to use my spare keys until one day I found them under a gym bag.

I’m sure I can come up with more
Once I spilled enough liquid coral food(slipped out of hand) that it killed all my corals. Bummer

burnetb1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man, I have way too many of these....
Tank related: - flooded my basement with RODI water like 4 times... yeah, im a slow learner.
- no drip loop+vacation=fried RA relay box. could have been a lot worse but thankfully my father was watching the tank.
- during winter i was feeding and set my RA to water change instead of feeding, then went to bed. Return, skimmer and heater all off. Luckily i woke up at 3am in a panic and fixed it without any problems.

Life related: - in my youth i was "teaching" my 14 year old girlfriend drive my new car and she totaled it, luckily we were both ok. Thank you airbags.
- early in college i let someone who "rode dirt bikes all the time" ride my sport bike. Crashed it. he had barely ridden dirt bikes. I'm sensing a pattern...

ZsWithTheFishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish related... I spent about 30 hours building a stand for a large tank. Everything was flush and cut to size, gallon of wood glue & those fancy outdoor star screws, waterproofed with expoxy, bottom waterproofed with pond paint.

I got it in place, ready for tank delivery. I went to the fish shop and measured to make sure I would be able to reach the bulkheads under the tank. I bragged to the lfs tank deliverer when I was there about my clever design that would allow me to reach the bulkheads so easily

Better half calls me at work on delivery day, and I had put the top on the stand but forgot to cut the openings to get to the bulkheads. And the stand was backwards.

20190325_125138.jpg

I have done much dumber, this was only my latest foray into bad planning.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back