What’s your favorite fish?

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see when finished
Might take some time. It’s expesive need to get the system fully rigged first before I get the fish. Looking at about $2k more that I need to save to reach my plans for this tank. In the next 10 years I want to do a bigger tank with a circus harem!

Blknovass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful a few fish posted here are not considered reef safe. Best reef fish I have had are clowns ,yellow watchman goby and my all time favorite purple tang. The tang however depending on the size can be a bully to it’s tank mates. If you do a purple tang let that be the last fish u add to the tank.

Attachments

• 12059565-A603-4FD7-9B07-C300664E2447.jpeg
    12059565-A603-4FD7-9B07-C300664E2447.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Adrift

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might take some time. It’s expesive need to get the system fully rigged first before I get the fish. Looking at about $2k more that I need to save to reach my plans for this tank. In the next 10 years I want to do a bigger tank with a circus harem!
From what I’m dealing with it’s oops need this more money. Forgot about this more money. Bought that but crap need this to hook up that, more money.

OP
OP
Adrift

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has a lot of the links to picking a good cbb.

Thank you for the thread have saved to my browser favorites.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 225 gal tank, so similar to yours, and, all my fish are my favorite for different reasons. If I had to actually pick a fish, I can't, as it would be between 2 fish. I have 4 Blue/Green Chromis, 1 Divided Leopard wrasse, 1 Orange Back Fairy wrasse, 1 Pintail Fairy wrasse, 1 Eightline Flasher wrasse, 1 Tomini tang, 1 D. Salinfin tang, 1 Purple tang, 1 Gem tang, 1 Achilles tang, and 1 True Blonde Naso tang. The Achilles tang and the True Blonde Naso tang are my favorite fish.

tang gang.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adrift

Adrift

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 225 gal tank, so similar to yours, and, all my fish are my favorite for different reasons. If I had to actually pick a fish, I can't, as it would be between 2 fish. I have 4 Blue/Green Chromis, 1 Divided Leopard wrasse, 1 Orange Back Fairy wrasse, 1 Pintail Fairy wrasse, 1 Eightline Flasher wrasse, 1 Tomini tang, 1 D. Salinfin tang, 1 Purple tang, 1 Gem tang, 1 Achilles tang, and 1 True Blonde Naso tang. The Achilles tang and the True Blonde Naso tang are my favorite fish.
That’s an impressive resume of fish Billdg!

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copperband. Only one bold enough to eat directly out of the cup when I feed. Love watching it eat aiptasia I've dropped in the tank. Would include pic but they all look the same.

agame2021

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I’m dealing with it’s oops need this more money. Forgot about this more money. Bought that but crap need this to hook up that, more money.
Lol my wife made me sit down and plan it out so there would be no more “surprise purchases”… guess I pulled the buy now and ask forgiveness later one to many times I’m sure I will find more stuff to buy for it as time goes on!

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to be Ocellaris clowns but they are dull in comparison now, new favorite fish are my pair of blood orange clowns.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite large angels are (in no order):
1. Blue Line / Maze
2. Majestic
3. Goldflake
4. Regal (especially Yellow Belly)
5. Bandit

My favorite dwarf angels are (in no order):
1. Venusta
2. Multibar
3. Flame
4. Shepard’s (there is a theory that they’re established hybrids between Rusty and Flame Angels that later turned into a full species
5. Good old Coral Beauty

Fish I think are underrated (not necessarily rare):
1. Many Halichoeres wrasses
2. Chrysiptera damsels (some of the rare ones like Starcki and Tricincta, Annulata even better are ones I’d love to have someday, the common Azure, Talbot’s, and Taupou are very nice too)
3. Hawkfish (Flame and Longnose)
4. Skunk Clowns (especially the Orange)
5. Grammas and Reef Basslets (Gramma and Liopoproma, some of them live in VERY deep water)
6. Serranus basslets, perches (I’d love to see more of these, but I’m mostly out of luck as an Asian hobbyist)

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those the flaming prawn gobies? If so those are in my top 5 of favorites. I'm trying to find some of those guys. No luck yet here in Toronto. :-(
I just picked one up. And I live in toronto. Pm me if you want a lead.

Attachments

• 3F6A34F9-582B-4A2A-B520-0B06B775890A.jpeg
    3F6A34F9-582B-4A2A-B520-0B06B775890A.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 21

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 tanks and there is no favourite out of them all however if I had to order them I would go with,
The large tank:
- Magnificent foxface,
- Lubbock’s fairy wrasse (Indo male)
- Lubbock’s fairy wrasse (Cebu male)
- Radiant wrasse (Female, the male colours don't please me as much if I’m honest)
- Copperbanded butterflyfish (Male)
- Spot breast angelfish (Male)
- Scott’s fairy wrasse (Male)
- Black photon clownfish (Female)
- Blue eye kole tang
- Jade wrasse (Female/Juvenile, definitely not my favourite anymore as she is slowly becoming destructive)
The nano cube:
- Blue star leopard wrasse (not even a 1” juvenile yet but she eats everything, so I’m happy about that)
- Naoko fairy wrasse (Male, probably 1.5”)
- Dot dash Blenny
- Yasha goby (Male, although he hides in behind the front rock he really is a beauty when I see him, especially early in the morning when I see him and the naoko sleeping next to eachother with one on the look out)
- Cryptic sixline wrasse

Here’s a photo of my two favourites in both tanks
C73BCCD8-40F2-4B23-9CAC-1C9693B4A7DF.jpeg

This is possibly the best photo I have gotten of this leopard in the whole 1-2 months I’ve owned her
image.jpg

Back