What a clutter this marketplace is

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s still a clutter. Gosh. Just spent and hr going through pages or sale threads to get to end...... days SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

Nope not gonna close it just gonna leave it..... some where in allllllllll the money this baby makes you need to pay for a SOLD SECTION in the forums. Move the sold to the sold section ..... happy 4th everyone!!!!! Time to go pay full price at brs. But I’ll be done in 2 min
If anyone reports a sale thread where the item is sold, we are happy to close it. I'm sorry that as a staff we do not see them all, but if anyone would help us out and report it, we would be glad to take care of it. :) Happy reefing!

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It’s still a cluster. Gosh. Just spent and hr going through pages or sale threads to get to end...... days SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

Nope not gonna close it just gonna leave it..... some where in allllllllll the money this baby makes you need to pay for a SOLD SECTION in the forums. Move the sold to the sold section ..... happy 4th everyone!!!!! Time to go pay full price at brs. But I’ll be done in 2 min
Use search tool OR When you locate item, check last page first. Obviously if there’s 4 pages, item likely gone

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Use search tool OR When you locate item, check last page first. Obviously if there’s 4 pages, item likely gone
That was my first thought.
Use the search tool.
Sometimes you just have to make a little effort.

OP
OP
phil bevilacqua

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always use search .. it doesn’t aleays work if ad isn’t worded right. And I typically go to the last page but sometimes then you have to go backwards if there was multiple items to find out if that specific one you’re looking at has been sold. Effort should come from the forum to simply make a sold section. Then the seller just redirects to the sold section after all sold. Pretty simple
Happy 4th everyone!!!
That was my first thought.
Use the search tool.
Sometimes you just have to make a little effort.[/QU

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always use search .. it doesn’t aleays work if ad isn’t worded right. And I typically go to the last page but sometimes then you have to go backwards if there was multiple items to find out if that specific one you’re looking at has been sold. Effort should come from the forum to simply make a sold section. Then the seller just redirects to the sold section after all sold. Pretty simple
Happy 4th everyone!!!
It's not as simple as you think to upkeep a sold section. The simple solution is just to report threads where the item is sold so we can close them. :) (Btw, EVEN IF we had a sold section, threads would still remain in the selling forum until reported, so simply reporting them so we can close them is the best solution.) Happy 4th!

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would prefer that the threads not get deleted though as I like to see what others have paid in the past. Allowing the user to self-close the thread is good imo.

OP
OP
phil bevilacqua

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would prefer that the threads not get deleted though as I like to see what others have paid in the past. Allowing the user to self-close the thread is good imo.
Agreed. That’s why seller hits sold button and thread moves to sold section ... all still available but not as selling. It is what it is

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s still a clutter. Gosh. Just spent and hr going through pages or sale threads to get to end...... days SOLD PLEASE CLOSE

Hello,

I was gonna say nobody should read the last chapter or page of any book first. However, this is the exception lol I always just click on the last page and work backwards. I do see your point, yet the mods have really good reasoning @mdbannister and @kschweer in keeping the old ones for tracking and records of sells. I can’t say all know me lol but I’m horrible at online stuff and terrified of online buying. Yes that’s me and something I have to fix on me, (everyone else your fine), but like the mods mentioned, there are tons of scams and not to mention stolen items. Sadly our hobby does rank up there for stolen goods and scams. Keeping records of everything helps to prevent both of these. It’s probably a good assumption, that with this site being one of the largest or it is the largest (it’s the only I know of so I can’t compare because haven’t been on any others), but I can see where some may take advantage of this. But maybe read the last page first, and I don’t even know how to setup notifications but it can’t be too hard can it (don’t know never tried lol).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back