What a MESS!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dragonetti
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dragonetti

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
20
Location
Down South
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting things dialed in, aquarium getting stable, corals growing well. Who would have thought 4 days of rain could bring so much water. Ended up getting 46". Most livestock was saved with the help of local reefers my LFS connected me with. A few sad photos



Time to go, water coming in











 
Wow, that is hard to look at. Gotta be a helpless feeling to just watch water flowing into your house and not be able to stop it.
 
I was like what is he talking about looks nice, nice rockscape, then I saw the last pictures. That really stinks. Nice most of the live stock made made it and you had help but the damage to the house has to be extensive.
 
I was like what is he talking about looks nice, nice rockscape, then I saw the last pictures. That really stinks. Nice most of the live stock made made it and you had help but the damage to the house has to be extensive.
I was thinking the same thing. @Dragonetti is that the highest the water got in the 1 side pic?
 
I was thinking the same thing. @Dragonetti is that the highest the water got in the 1 side pic?

It was only about 3" higher, water was going down when that picture was taken.

So sorry to see this. Where are you located? Best wishes to a speedy recoup of home and personal belongings.

Denham Springs Louisiana

Thanks everyone, it will be awhile before things around this area are back to normal. Between 50,000 to 60,000 homes where affected.
 
This was August 12th 12:36pm



This was August 13th 1:27pm. It is amazing how fast that water came up, plus another 4 feet in less than 24 hours on top of that. I was looking for a ark full of animals to come passing by.

 
I'm sorry to see this it's horrible for everyone impacted by it. Hopefully you have great insurance for such things. It's going to be a good while before life's back to normal again prayers for you and the community there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new