What a year it’s been !!!

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2016
Messages
5,479
Reaction score
15,002
Location
Holland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ,
Well it’s almost the end of the year , and what a year it’s been , well for me it has ..
About this time last year I was getting ready for my new tank .. upgraded from a 100 ltr with no sump too a 350 ltr with sump ...
This was my first tank .. 100 ltr
8AAEC202-C12B-4A0F-9672-E4E6BBFBFF7F.jpeg
Simple but effective !! Then came the new tank ....
667E8548-0283-4FB0-9415-12A67AAD26A0.jpeg
This tank has been blood sweet and tears ,

Ive Learnt so much this year .. with many ups and down .. achievements and disappointments, ive battled salt issues , cyno , dinoflagellates, bubble algae ..defect equipment .. ive lost fish .. lost corals .. not being able too keep sps alive ,almost lost my mind .. I had too work away for 4 months and left my girlfriend looking after my tank ( she did an amazing job! Even with a broken leg !) ..
I’ve made a lot of new friends on here as well , and the love a support and advice , not only from the amazing people on @reef-squad ,but all from all the others as well that make up this wonderful community..
I have a lot too be grateful for this year .. especially to my stepdaughter , who despite my stubbornness and self denial , called an ambulance for me despite all my protests not too .. when I had a coronary.. if she hadn’t I would never have known I’d had one .. !!!
It’s been a shock .. for sure .. but i now have 3 stents in my heart .. and I’m on the mend !
They say every cloud has a silver lining .. I’ve been off work for a couple of months now almost , I’ve had time too work on and enjoy my tank ..
So in a couple of weeks my tank will be one year old , has it all been worth it .......... YES !
And here’s the result......
C8B35124-4B9F-45C3-94CD-D0A3C98D2AE4.jpeg
Thankyou all .. thanks for all the help this year .. without R2R this would be a lot harder too achieve .. I’m ending this year on a high !!
Happy Reefing ...!!!! Love and peace too you all ..
Mack .!
 
Last edited:
Mines not quite a year, but got wet Feb 17 of this year.
IMG_6125.JPG
Hopefully see some good growth in the next year to fill in, but here it is now. :)
IMG_7663.JPG
WoW ! What a difference a Year makes !! Looking good !!
Thats what ive noticed recently on mine growth .. i can see it daily especially on my small Monti’s and sps .. even my green torch .. which started with one head now has five heads .. never realised till i moved it .. its a great feeling watching a tank thrive !!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new