What algae is this and what causes it

Gustavo Gruner

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I’ve been having problems with this algae for a long time. It always grows in the same place (on top of some specific corals). I
brush it off using a toothbrush, but it grows back again.

What type of algae is this? And what usually causes it to grow?
 
 
Green hair algae. Usually caused by water quality issues.
What kind of water quality issue? Any specific element? I have a 4-stage RO/DI system, and I replace the filters every year.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new