What algae is this and what causes it

Gustavo Gruner

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2019
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I’ve been having problems with this algae for a long time. It always grows in the same place (on top of some specific corals). I
brush it off using a toothbrush, but it grows back again.

What type of algae is this? And what usually causes it to grow?
 
 
Green hair algae. Usually caused by water quality issues.
What kind of water quality issue? Any specific element? I have a 4-stage RO/DI system, and I replace the filters every year.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new