What am I dealing with Algae/Bacteria

  • Thread starter Thread starter Twoddler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I think introducing diatoms will work, the thought of this made me sad, and I had waterborn dinos, so I could use UV. But increasing nutrients also helped a great deal. Unless you're doing an SPS tank and aiming for an ultra low nutrient system, I dont think most people are served well by trying to maintain .03 phosphates.

My nitrates are 23.7 and Phosphates are .3, and my tank has never looked better.
 
I think introducing diatoms will work, the thought of this made me sad, and I had waterborn dinos, so I could use UV. But increasing nutrients also helped a great deal. Unless you're doing an SPS tank and aiming for an ultra low nutrient system, I dont think most people are served well by trying to maintain .03 phosphates.

My nitrates are 23.7 and Phosphates are .3, and my tank has never looked better.
I agree, I raised my Po4 up to 0.1 over the last 4wks from 0, I tested every day and adjusted dose as necessary, have nt seen any ill effects on coral, mixed tank by the way.
N03 used to sit about 20 - 25 ish, but that's up now to around 50, been letting the tank get dirty, I'm happy with the nutrients as they are at the moment, no use fighting dino,s if way out of wack, they,ll just come back.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new