What am i doing right?

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some context, my 120 gallon is around 8 1/2 months old, I've had LPS in the tank for a few months now and they have always been doing good, though today I got home and saw some of the best polyp extension I've ever seen on these coral, i want to keep these results, though i cant pinpoint exactly what is causing them. my water parameters are always what they always are. Salinity 1.025, calcium ~500, alk 7.8-8.2, nitrate 5, phosphate 0.01-ish, magnesium in stable range, ph around 8.2 (Just checked today, these are my usual results). I do nightly feedings to keep the coral healthy as the refeugium is extremely effective, as of now I have no fish, been trying to get them in for awhile. The only new things I've tried this week is dosing trace elements, though I just started yesterday and from what I've heard it's not an instant effect, also started running carbon but have for 4-5 days and would think I would have seen results like this earlier. The coral that have the most noticeable extension are my lobo, trachy, wilsoni, cyphastrea and platygyra

Thank you

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back