what am i doing wrong?

mjaquarium02

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2023
Messages
53
Reaction score
20
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have a 10g tank and every time I do a water change my water gets cloudy! I don’t understand. It’s going to be barely a month (next week) that I have this tank up and running with livestock. All of my water parameters are fine. Ammonia-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate-0 Ph-8.0 My tank has been cycled properly when I didn’t have fish in it. This issue has been occurring for a while now. Just last week it was cloudy when i did the wc and after a few days for the first time ever I got it to be clear again and I was very relieved but since I needed to do a water change again this week… it got cloudy again. Usually this cloudiness persists I honestly don’t know how I got it to get clear last week.
Fish seem fine. Not gasping for air, stressed, or anything. I have been feeding it and picking up the left over food due to the possibility of being a bacteria bloom. Maybe it is a bacteria bloom but can it still happen if ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are at 0 ??

Also when I did the 15% wc yesterday I was messing with the sand a bit but this usually clears up. I used RO water and mixed my own salt. Right now salinity is 1.025. I didn’t change the filter cartridge because I heard those last a month or so and it hasn’t been a full month yet. I also have some Chemipure Blue carbon running as well. I did go to my local saltwater store and they recommended me using Microbacter 7 everyday until the bottle runs out but it’s still like this…. any ideas what I should do? I’m sorta stuck in this phase.

image.jpg
 
I would mix your salt in your water the day before and like someone else said add prime. That worked for me.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new