mjaquarium02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have a 10g tank and every time I do a water change my water gets cloudy! I don’t understand. It’s going to be barely a month (next week) that I have this tank up and running with livestock. All of my water parameters are fine. Ammonia-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate-0 Ph-8.0 My tank has been cycled properly when I didn’t have fish in it. This issue has been occurring for a while now. Just last week it was cloudy when i did the wc and after a few days for the first time ever I got it to be clear again and I was very relieved but since I needed to do a water change again this week… it got cloudy again. Usually this cloudiness persists I honestly don’t know how I got it to get clear last week.
Fish seem fine. Not gasping for air, stressed, or anything. I have been feeding it and picking up the left over food due to the possibility of being a bacteria bloom. Maybe it is a bacteria bloom but can it still happen if ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are at 0 ??

Also when I did the 15% wc yesterday I was messing with the sand a bit but this usually clears up. I used RO water and mixed my own salt. Right now salinity is 1.025. I didn’t change the filter cartridge because I heard those last a month or so and it hasn’t been a full month yet. I also have some Chemipure Blue carbon running as well. I did go to my local saltwater store and they recommended me using Microbacter 7 everyday until the bottle runs out but it’s still like this…. any ideas what I should do? I’m sorta stuck in this phase.

image.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back