What am I missing?

Ben9524

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been taking images like this and edited them to the best of my abilities but for some reason I get the feeling there's something missing in them. I feel like something with the color is off or the lighting is to bright or just something isn't right. If someone out there is a pro can you give me some tips to help edit these to look more realistic?

Cichlid 3.jpg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the ability to edit them, can't you edit them to your desire? What kind of editing are you doing?

I think maybe you have a bit too much contrast and too much color saturation. But IMHO, as an avid, mostly amateur, photographer; I think the photo you posted looks OK.

astn_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Off personal opinion as like all art it can be subjective but the lighting feels a little flat is all. It appears you have decent detail; colors aren't too blown out or over saturated or anything; black point and white point are good without anything blown out or lost in the shadows. It really could just use some contrast or variation to make it more appealing. I hope that helps!

Wampatom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the picture is great. Good sharpness and good composition. Maybe the colors are a bit too saturated, particularly the plants. You could use photoshop with layers to selectively desaturate the plants. Still, very good already.

I personally need to let pictures sit for a few days and then view them again. I also need to view them with other pictures I like. I often find I have gone too far with the editing.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I even find that photos can look quite different on different devices, even between different computer screens. And I always need to make my photos lighter before I print them, especially any that are a bit darker subject to begin with.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back