What are some good personality filled fish?

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the diamond watchman better than the others tbh. Did you buy him trained to eat prepared or did he just take a liking to it by himself?
Love my diamond watchman Sir Chomps A Lot works overtime cleaning the sand and eats any food I put in the tank as well as the nori

Double monti 61

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish all have their own personalities.
0B1430AC-1762-4AE9-8288-956A07B2BF01.jpeg

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really impressed, particularly at your age, that you are really willing to do the research and reach out to others with more experience for advice. In the end, you will be he one to make the final decision of what goes into your tank and the consequences both success and failure are yours. No two tanks are alike and there are those who can keep a McCosker's (one of my favorite fish) happy in 40 gallons and those that couldn't do the same in 100 gallons. It is an awesome hobby and constant learning experience. You seem to have what it takes to be successful in it. Good luck with your stocking plan and progress. Please keep us posted on how things are going.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend a shrimp goby over a sand sifter. They are a lot easier to keep fed, and in my experience, eat right away. I have kept royal grammas with firefish, and there hasn’t ever been much aggression (knocking on wood lol). Clowns always have funny personalities too.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really impressed, particularly at your age, that you are really willing to do the research and reach out to others with more experience for advice. In the end, you will be he one to make the final decision of what goes into your tank and the consequences both success and failure are yours. No two tanks are alike and there are those who can keep a McCosker's (one of my favorite fish) happy in 40 gallons and those that couldn't do the same in 100 gallons. It is an awesome hobby and constant learning experience. You seem to have what it takes to be successful in it. Good luck with your stocking plan and progress. Please keep us posted on how things are going.
Absolutely could not agree more

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a shrimp goby but I don’t know how the Midas blenny would act towards it. I really love the Midas blenny, just heard I can be agressive towards smaller gobies.
Not sure where you heard that, as I stated earlier mine doesn't bother my gobies & shrimp, he doesn't even go near the bottom of the tank except to go into his house.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning a stocking list.
Yesterday, it was planning a quarantine tank.

I'm impressed! More people should be starting this way.
I totally agree. I a started around the same age, and I wish I had planned as well as this guy is. I must say that I’m also quite impressed that he is going into the hobby so thoughtfully.

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
striped blenny, dottybacks

OP
OP
noxel56

noxel56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where you heard that, as I stated earlier mine doesn't bother my gobies & shrimp, he doesn't even go near the bottom of the tank except to go into his house.
Ok. Would a 40b be to small or would it be ok? I think they can get to something like 6” iirc.

OP
OP
noxel56

noxel56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also sorry if you left a comment and I haven’t replied, I was at soccer practice. I would love to keep everyone updated on the highs and the lows. I have read all the comments. Thanks so much for all the feedback and have a great night!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back