What are some good personality filled fish?

noxel56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I am 14 years old and in the process of setting up my 40b reef tank. I want some fish for my reef tank but I can’t decide which ones. I was looking for some fish with lots of personality! Preferably fish that are reef safe and generally peaceful. I really want a sandsifting goby but since my tank is only 40 gallons and doesn’t have a refugium, I stress it would not have enough food to eat. Thank you for reading.

OP
OP
noxel56

noxel56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Komohara fang blenny, geometric pygmy perchlet, butterflyfish are supposedly very personable, filefish, basslets
Would a butterfly even fit in my tank? They are spectacular fish regardless. I really like filefish and I’ve heard they pair up very well. I really want a dwarf angel but I don’t want to risk my corals.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a butterfly even fit in my tank? They are spectacular fish regardless. I really like filefish and I’ve heard they pair up very well. I really want a dwarf angel but I don’t want to risk my corals.
Sorry i did not read that well lol, a prognathodes would tho

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gramma...wonderful coloration and great community fish. Doesn’t get too big either. For small size and for the most bang for your buck, personality wise it’s the clown fish. Though pugnacious they can be.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas Blennies can be characters sometimes.
20180619_124208 (2).jpg

DSC_7858.JPG

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back