What are some of your favorite fish / must have fish for a FOWLR?

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the reason I have a large fowlr is because I prioritize fish over corals. I have all the large angels I like (queen, blueline, French, flagfin, poma) along with dwarfs angels like coral beauty, pgymies, and the butterflies like klien, dusky along with triggers like clown, blue jaw, pink tail.

I think I have all those fishes I like and can afford.

OP
OP
Zionas

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the same way as you do. What are your favorite dwarf / pygmy angels other than the Coral Beauty?

Butterflies are nice too, my only concern is that they’re a bit more fragile than your average fish though maybe that’s just a misunderstanding.

I do think out of the ones you listed, the Queen and French get quite a bit bigger than ones like the Flagfin, Blue Line, Gray Poma, Majestic, Regal etc.

How big is your tank BTW?

Also LOVE the Harlequin Tusk.

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the reason I have a large fowlr is because I prioritize fish over corals. I have all the large angels I like (queen, blueline, French, flagfin, poma) along with dwarfs angels like coral beauty, pgymies, and the butterflies like klien, dusky along with triggers like clown, blue jaw, pink tail.

I think I have all those fishes I like and can afford.
How big is your tank and the angels? Did the blueline ever get picked on by the queen or French or did he fight with Poma?

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a large tank like many of you here, so in my 65 gallon I would be happy with my favorites Multibarred angel, Golden angel, Colin's angel, Venustus angel and some butterflies that already require a larger tank. Possibly I can only add a couple of angels that I list of course. But if my dream of having a 500 gallon tank comes true then I would have a significant amount of angelfish and butterflies like copperband, semilarvatus, auriga, banded, capistratus, etc., in addition to some small fish like dartfish and blue damselfish, well imagine it's free :D .

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a large tank like many of you here, so in my 65 gallon I would be happy with my favorites Multibarred angel, Golden angel, Colin's angel, Venustus angel and some butterflies that already require a larger tank. Possibly I can only add a couple of angels that I list of course. But if my dream of having a 500 gallon tank comes true then I would have a significant amount of angelfish and butterflies like copperband, semilarvatus, auriga, banded, capistratus, etc., in addition to some small fish like dartfish and blue damselfish, well imagine it's free :D .
Colin’s - that’s difficult to keep in captivity

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
say what GIF

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re my favorite group of fish. What are your favorite angels?
Well you already know mine……Conspicuous, Scribbled, personifier, goldflake, blue line, queen, blue face, regal, emperor, majestic. Never had one but Baedit is one I’d like to have one day. Just don’t know if I’d be able to add him once all these angels are well established.

Last edited:

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank and the angels? Did the blueline ever get picked on by the queen or French or did he fight with Poma?
500g (6x4x3). Nope, the 2 blue lines I got from pomalabs don’t fight each other and the queen or French doesn’t bother them or my gray poma angel at all for about 2 years now. They are smaller than the French and queen though (those guys are about 7”)

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
500g (6x4x3). Nope, the 2 blue lines I got from pomalabs don’t fight each other and the queen or French doesn’t bother them or my gray poma angel at all for about 2 years now. They are smaller than the French and queen though (those guys are about 7”)
Great thanks, and did the blue lines go in the tank before or after the queen and French ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back