What are some positives you can say about your tank right now?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like a lot of times we focus on the negative aspect of our tank, maybe a coral not doing well or am algae outbreak, but what about the positives? I want to know what are some positives going on with your tank right now? Maybe you got a new fish that is doing great or are just happy with how your tank looks. Curious to know everyone's thoughts

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like a lot of times we focus on the negative aspect of our tank, maybe a coral not doing well or am algae outbreak, but what about the positives? I want to know what are some positives going on with your tank right now? Maybe you got a new fish that is doing great or are just happy with how your tank looks. Curious to know everyone's thoughts
Black widow just split

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some coral are turning around, and my oldest tank is starting to look nice again. I'm kinda at that, "what's next?" phase where I decide to downgrade, or upgrade.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best I can say is:
Almost no effort other than water changes and everything seems to be doing well.

I like the, "nothing dead" comment -- same here,,, nothing dead in a long time,,, until I found an empty trochus snail shell the other day. Oh well...

joseph scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are fat, active, none of them hide when I approach the tank. Sand a bright white and algae is minimal.

JasonVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 gal with HOB filters. The tank was a housewarming present, decided to give saltwater a try. Was pretty nervous about that- was under the impression for the longest time that salt was 'nearly impossible, for experienceds only'.

Now I am looking around with hopes of upgrading to a system with sump. With far more confidence than I had with the mentioned tank.

Discovered a love for banggai cardinals. Pretty much the 'perfect fish' for me. I'll always have them.

Discovered a love for corals, particularly LPS corals. That was a bit unexpected. Was thinking 'sure, a couple corals would be nice'. Now with the hunt for a new setup, I'm absolutely thinking 'room! space! potential arrangements!' for corals when looking at tanks. I'm finding that to be a delightful aspect of the hunt. An aside- sort of thinking of converting the 29 gal to a softie focused tank.. the set up works, but is a bit limiting as for LPS. Having a couple nice thoughts about which softies to get.

Great question, by the way.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My snails are constantly orgasming, that's gotta be good, right?

On a more serious note, my solo Clown started hosting my BTA and it just makes me feel so much better. For a couple months, it was mostly just hanging out in the front corner, seeming kind of depressed and lethargic. Now that it's hosting, it's full of energy and gumption!

Great thread @Gumbies R Us

Last edited:

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
my tank somehow managed to acclimate itself to NSW water parameters with little to no die off. ALK 6.8, CAL, 400ish, MAG is actually super high 1600+, SG 1.025-6, tempt 77-78. i'm worried about the new additions from RAP. :(

also hooked up my adaptive reef board to hide my nest of wires. just gotta tidy it up more before its fully complete.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank somehow managed to acclimate itself to NSW water parameters with little to no die off. ALK 6.8, CAL, 400ish, MAG is actually super high 1600+, SG 1.025-6, tempt 77-78. i'm worried about the new additions from RAP. :(

also hooked up my adaptive reef board to hide my nest of wires. just gotta tidy it up more before its fully complete.
I should find a way to tidy my wires up haha, mine is just a ziptied mess

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad that my tank is stable (knock on wood), I know I have a high nitrate and phosphate but so far no green algae growing anywhere. Cleaning the glass once a week. I am happy that my corals (soft) are growing well and fish are fat and healthy (maybe?).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%

Back