What are some positives you can say about your tank right now?

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20g nano will be 5 months in 1 week. A4R is all im running now.
30ml a day.
Fluc treatment and algae 90% gone.
The K7 V3 is performing well.
Somehow added a few more sticks from frags I took to thin out my 80.
Just took these.
20230720_150009.jpg

20230720_150022.jpg
20230720_150014.jpg
Very interesting that you use so much AFR. I have been using 5 to 10 ml per day in a 50g tank. Your tank looks good. What are your thoughts on TM A4R?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting that you use so much AFR. I have been using 5 to 10 ml per day in a 50g tank. Your tank looks good. What are your thoughts on TM A4R?
So far AFR has worked well. It took 9 days for it to stabilize. My system is heavy acros and uses about 2 dkh a day.
It works well in a nano. For my larger systems it would require alot of AFR so.
My 45 is 2 part and my 80 is a carx.
I wanted to try A4R as many have had good results with it.
So far Its working well.

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 40 mini reef is actually looking really good, I thought i had lost one of the chromis for several weeks and it just appeared again on Wednesday.

but can never be perfect my biota yellowtang is showing whitespot alone in my QT

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like a lot of times we focus on the negative aspect of our tank, maybe a coral not doing well or am algae outbreak, but what about the positives? I want to know what are some positives going on with your tank right now? Maybe you got a new fish that is doing great or are just happy with how your tank looks. Curious to know everyone's thoughts
I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is very healthy in my tank currently. I just bought a new light so i an hoping my coral with grow like crazy and take over the tank soon.

DJMCB35

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 2 monstrously large anemones, the largest about 2’ across, that were seriously limiting my 5’ Reefer 525xl. The smaller split on Tuesday, with the larger one clearly headed that way too, to the extent you could see a second mouth.

I read up a bit, asked a few questions of folks I trust, and got myself organized. 1 hours work later and they were all out of my main tank. Although I miss their color and movement, I’m excited about the possibilities I have with the tank real estate that’s now available to me. I know it’s really a case of addition by subtraction, but I’m glad I put in the prep and thought… and that I dealt with an issue I wasn’t looking forward to dealing with.

EugeneVan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every piece of SPS and LPS are fighting for their spaces in my 210 gal reef tank. Need to start a new reef tank to get some peaceful moment.

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my 40 mini reef is actually looking really good, I thought i had lost one of the chromis for several weeks and it just appeared again on Wednesday.

but can never be perfect my biota yellowtang is showing whitespot alone in my QT
I was wrong about ich! It was either some sand or a micrbubble, my world is calm again

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far AFR has worked well. It took 9 days for it to stabilize. My system is heavy acros and uses about 2 dkh a day.
It works well in a nano. For my larger systems it would require alot of AFR so.
My 45 is 2 part and my 80 is a carx.
I wanted to try A4R as many have had good results with it.
So far Its working well.
Thank you. I am increasing my AFR from 5 - 10 ml per day. May go higher. Still struggling with the green phase after starting with dry rock… getting more red now, but slowly…

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Positive... Did a transfer from my old 45 cube to a new IM 100EXT a little over three weeks ago. Everything is "humming", from great levels to my livestock (SPS Tank). Most successful transfer I have ever done ( and over the last 40 years I've had a few nightmares!), On day 5 had a reddish / brown algae breakout all over the rock and sand. It lasted only 3 days then began to recede. Completely gone 5 days after it started. I attribute this to cooking the rock for several months in advance in multiple types of bacteria. In addition, a small amount of rock from the 45 cube went in the new sump, AF Bio Sand, AF Bio Fill and AF Life Source. System looks clean and is running fairly stable for a new transfer.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back