Is there something troubling you with your tank or is it smooth sailings right now

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have tank troubles at some point or another, maybe it is nuisance algae, equipment malfunctions or a breakout of some illness in our tanks. I am wondering do you have any tank troubles right now or is your tank in a good comfortable position.

hoffmeyerz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuck in the lighting rut right now. Tank is running fine, a few minor things to tweek but overall running well.
I need a good light setup so I can expand into coral and/or nems.
I'm trying to navigate a good but affordable light, even considering the LET retrofit kits and making my own.
Almost too many options but also fighting with the cost, can't afford to plop down too much moolah....kid in college (equestrian team...should say it all right there) and all that good stuff...lol
begging no money GIF

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My nitrates hit zero in late November and shortly after that I started getting dinos. I turned the white lights all the way down, and dosed nitrates to get back into a respectable range. The dinos seem to have receded. There are still some small areas I think, but they don't seem to be growing at all. Over the last month I've been slowly turning the white lights back up to where they were. I made the last 5% jump in white light intensity this afternoon.

Coraline has also started to grow like crazy in a number of places. I'm hoping that is a good sign that the good guys are winning the turf battle.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are going pretty good in all my tanks. But I have put a lot of work into making that happen. But yeah, I get nervous when it is all running smoothly. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuck in the lighting rut right now. Tank is running fine, a few minor things to tweek but overall running well.
I need a good light setup so I can expand into coral and/or nems.
I'm trying to navigate a good but affordable light, even considering the LET retrofit kits and making my own.
Almost too many options but also fighting with the cost, can't afford to plop down too much moolah....kid in college (equestrian team...should say it all right there) and all that good stuff...lol
begging no money GIF
Yeah, lights can get expensive quickly!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back