What is giving you trouble in your tank right now?

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im also on the struggle bus called bubble algae. I tried crabs but they ate my coral so out they came and ive been trying to manually get it out but its wasting a ton of water sucking them out and replacing the water every week.
I only have a 25gallon so all fish that can eat it are out. Im just about ready to yank all the rocks out into a tub to scrub them, drain and scrub the tank and start over.

NaCl addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have something at one point or another that gives us trouble when it comes to our tanks. Maybe it is a coral that isn't due well, an algae outbreak or equipment not working correctly. I am wondering what is giving you trouble with your tank right now.
Elevated phosphates which I am lowering gradually along with a small outbreak of bubble algae.

NaCl addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another bubble algae issue here. I'm going to get an order of emeralds, tuxedo urchins, and Mexican turbo snails before I try anything drastic like a foxface. I've already tried crabs with no results, but maybe if I get them from a different supplier they'll do their job.
Just a heads up I have turbo snails, a tiny emerald crab and a tuxedo urchin and still have bubble algae. Maybe it would be worse without those fellas, who knows...

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem of the last several weeks is that I have 12 Radion G6 Pro on Mobius. And every day some of the lights are not coming on with the group - and not turning on later in the day. Somedays I have 10 lights on, some days on 7, haven't reached a 50% off yet - that I am aware of. There are power to the lights and Mobius says the lights are connected but they just aren't all coming on.

Dave B
My Mobius issues ended when I bought an Apex MXM module.

RandyL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia war. Got shrimp, they’re useless. Got $$nudibranchs$$ and the shrimp $$ate them$$.
I had this happen in spades a few years back and was able to get rid of them with "Joe's Juice". Just have to be careful about applying it, because it can be pretty caustic on any soft coral.

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vermitid madness. Contemplating moving everything over to a temp system with rocks in a large bin so I can starting going to town on them. I'd hate to do all that just to have them return though. I may try a large group of bumblebee snails before going that route. I added around 15 a few months back but maybe that wasnt enough. 210g, maybe I need more like 100

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vermitid madness. Contemplating moving everything over to a temp system with rocks in a large bin so I can starting going to town on them. I'd hate to do all that just to have them return though. I may try a large group of bumblebee snails before going that route. I added around 15 a few months back but maybe that wasnt enough. 210g, maybe I need more like 100
Best of luck to getting rid of it!!! Snails should help out some

pal98111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have something at one point or another that gives us trouble when it comes to our tanks. Maybe it is a coral that isn't due well, an algae outbreak or equipment not working correctly. I am wondering what is giving you trouble with your tank right now.
My pH and alkalinity are difficult to keep up. None of the natural remedies have helped. I'm now dosing baking soda and a pH+ additive. Also, my ammonia goes up everyday even though I only have 2 fish in my 10 gallon. I dose Fritz ACCR liquid almost daily to keep it down. Seems to work very well but seems like that should not be a problem after cycling. I guess I did it wrong. Regardless, it is cycling now I suppose.

PhishMonger84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting a new tank and have the 120 sitting my closet right now what did not work correctly for you?
No matter how I adjusted each setting and even playing with different water heights in the sump it always foamed over and filled with water. The adjustments seemed to do nothing and it was basically on or off

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently getting my baby emerald crab Hey Hey in my nano to not be afraid of the tongs when I feed him some nori! He is getting better and is starting to beg for it with his claws but gets scared of the tongs. Work in progress. Named after the green and red crabs in Nemo who kept yelling “hey” at all the other crabs in case anyone wondered where the name came from lol

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back