What is giving you trouble in your tank right now?

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comment. I hope it fades away, im tired of sucking out hand fulls of this stuff a week. I might wait a week or two then do a large water change then do another 4x dose.
1 week update! A grand portion of the bubbles are gone! I also manually removed a ton and used a fishnet to catch the floaters.

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 40g has some cyano and had a lot of hair algae. I got in there with a toothbrush last week and removed all the algae I could, which seems to have done a lot of good. The algae is staying away. The cyano seems to be clearing up a bit too.

My new 2 month old 120g system has diatoms, dinos, and cyano. It's looking pretty ugly. I'm just riding that out now. I don't plan on trying to fix the uglies. Hoping that all resolves itself in a few months.

waterboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hair algae. Big pain right now. Cut back feeding and light schedule and is starting to look a little better. At least I think it is. The quote below was from last week.
It appears to be getting worse. I took the first linked video below on Thursday the 24th. I took the second one 10 minutes ango. Any suggestions? I’ll order another cleanup crew after this week but I don’t think it should be getting worse. Tank parameters below taken this morning.

Temp - 78
Salinity - 1.025
pH - 8
Alk - 8.7
Cal - 420
Mag - 1250
Nitrate - 0
Pho - .07

I know my nitrates shouldn’t be zero but I’m not sure if it’s appropriate to bring them up.

I’ve also done two 12.5% water changes in the past week.

Not sure what to do to get this under control.

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hair algae. Big pain right now. Cut back feeding and light schedule and is starting to look a little better. At least I think it is. The quote below was from last week.

Have you tried manually removing as much as you can? I just did that and it worked really well. Just make sure you remove as much as you can after you're done scrubbing.

I just turned up my flow and cleaned out my filter pads after I was done.

waterboys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried manually removing as much as you can? I just did that and it worked really well. Just make sure you remove as much as you can after you're done scrubbing.

I just turned up my flow and cleaned out my filter pads after I was done.
Yea I’ve been doing that as much as I can too. For a while it just appeared to be coming back faster than I could pull it. It might just be in my head, but I think it’s finally starting to get better. Hopefully I’ll know for sure in another week or so.

CRABDADDY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I’ve been doing that as much as I can too. For a while it just appeared to be coming back faster than I could pull it. It might just be in my head, but I think it’s finally starting to get better. Hopefully I’ll know for sure in another week or so.

Nice. I have usually had success with that. I've found removing detritus from the tank can help too. Blowing off the rocks with a power head or turkey baster can kick up a ton of detritus in your rocks. I've always found hair algae starts growing in books and crannies where detritus accumulates.

Also siphoning out detritus from your sump helps imo.

Barncat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Eheim Jäger 50 watt heater struggling to heat my 13.5 gallon nano tank. Mine must be a lemon because it can't maintain temperature worth fish poop. Using an Inkbird temperature controller with it; contemplating buying a heater as soon as I get my next pay check because I don't know how to fix this.

Attachments

• IMG_5989.jpeg
    IMG_5989.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 13

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 39 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back