It's the season of love, what members would you like to give a shoutout to?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
February is the time when we express our love and appreciation to those around us. I am wondering which members you want to give a shoutout to or express your thankfulness to. Maybe it is someone who has been there for you even at your lowest points, maybe it is someone who helped you figure out a tank issue, or maybe it is someone who gives you a good laugh. Curious to see what everyone says!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with a thread like this is that reefers are generally not the loving type, more hermit crabs than Kissing Gorami's (to steal a fish from the fresh world).

That said, I would have to look up a lot of names on here, but the two that have helped me most in my hermitage are brothers, @Paul B & @Randy Holmes-Farley.

But there is the rub, by naming them I am overlooking a huge segment of the population of the folks that post on here. They know who they are, and quite frankly many if not most of them would be offended or scared if I posted a :star-struck: "love you long time" shout out. Too creepy.

So there ya go. I love so many of you, @OrchidMiss, and many others but most men and women and children on here already have significant others and the thought of a mention of love might make them uncomfortable, or worse,

Trigger Walking On Eggshells GIF by PragerU
. :face-with-tears-of-joy::smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
My Little Pony GIF
Sorry to all I may have upset by either inclusion or oversight.

My wife thinks I have a special friend on here too, so I gotta be careful. Life is tough for folks that like coral better than fish.

Oh yeah. @Gumbies R Us is a frequent poster and who else am I forgetting?

Last edited:

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The problem with a thread like this is that reefers are generally not the loving type, more hermit crabs than Kissing Gorami's (to steal a fish from the fresh world).

That said, I would have to look up a lot of names on here, but the two that have helped me most in my hermitage are brothers, @Paul B & @Randy Holmes-Farley.

But there is the rub, by naming them I am overlooking a huge segment of the population of the folks that post on here. They know who they are, and quite frankly many if not most of them would be offended or scared if I posted a :star-struck: "love you long time" shout out. Too creepy.

So there ya go. I love so many of you, @OrchidMiss, and many others but most men and women and children on here already have significant others and the thought of a mention of love might make them uncomfortable, or worse,

My Little Pony GIF

My wife things I have a special friend on here too, so I gotta be careful. Life is tough for folks that like coral better than fish.

Aww GIF

Happy Love It GIF

Always grateful for your kind words, Kris!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
February is the time when we express our love and appreciation to those around us. I am wondering which members you want to give a shoutout to or express your thankfulness to. Maybe it is someone who has been there for you even at your lowest points, maybe it is someone who helped you figure out a tank issue, or maybe it is someone who gives you a good laugh. Curious to see what everyone says!
3 main people;
@SaltyT
@Slocke
@Crabby48

All of them have helped me with knowledge and through some very wild points in my tanks - from crashes to wrasses. They also fuel my love for Wrasse… I won’t lie, some of them can get expensive haha.

randomfishdude

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Little Pony GIF

My wife things I have a special friend on here too, so I gotta be careful. Life is tough for folks that like coral better than fish.

others of us like lone cllownfish.

but probably @EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

just to name someone.

Last edited:

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy valentines Hump Day to all the Mods who keep the site up and running for our dynamic reefing community.

You know how you are.
Valentines Day Love GIF by yippywhippy
:cool: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :thinking-face: :squinting-face-with-tongue: :cool:

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Little Pony GIF

Gee thanks - being left out is such a good feeling. What's next, not getting invited to your birthday party?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of helpful members have already commented and/or been named, and there are a bunch more that could be named here.

To list a few unnamed at the moment:
@taricha and @Dan_P for their (often intensive) Chemistry and Microalgae forum contributions.
@threebuoys for their contributions to the Disease forum.
@oreo54 @telegraham and others in for their Lighting info.
@rhizotron for the very thought provoking projects and info on how they've carried them out.
@Minhaj Qazi @Borat @fr3n0z @Troylee and others for their DIY info (I do a lot more perusing of this forum than commenting in it).

And a whole lot more (especially in the Breeding forum).

In addition to thanking all of them, though, I'd like to say thanks to all of the members who ask questions and to those who are trying to push boundaries of what we currently know and understand about aquariums (I see this a lot with the breeding forum and with projects like rhizotron's). I've learned from a lot of questions asked by both newcomers and old-timers in the hobby (even from some questions that may seem a little ridiculous or obvious to most at face value), and we as a community can't keep learning without someone pushing boundaries to continue learning new things.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back