What are the most peaceful species of blue damsel fish?

What are the most peaceful species of damsel fish that are blue?

• Blue damsel

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Azure

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Yellow tail

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3" damsels rip at my 11" lionfish, one took his horn off a few weeks ago. They are devils and I've known it for years, I figured they would be the prey in a predator tank, turns out they are the predators... in a predator tank...

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love springeri damsels. They’re fun little fish to watch. They can get a little territorial if you have a mated pair but in my experience they won’t harm anything. I believe they’re the most laid back of the damsel family

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, I want to add a species of fish to my tank that is blue but I don’t like blue green chromis I want a damsel. What species of blue damsel could I keep in my 55 gallon tank with 2 fancy clowns,1 Royal gramma, 2 cardinals and a soon to be flame angel that’s going in last. I was thinking of a azure damsel since I hear there one of the most well mannered damsel. Any other suggestions of blue damsels that are relatively available and inexpensive.
How about Blue Reef Chromis nice dark blue but not real aggressive.

Rednamalas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend a springers damsel as they don’t get too big and are super peaceful in most situations. And to everyone recommending chromis, I wouldn’t do it, especially the blue reef chromis. For one, a group of chromis is likely to kill each other until only one is left, another point is they commonly carry uronema marinum which is probably the worst parasite you can have in an aquarium, and three, the blue reefs never seem to live more than a few days for me, and I’ve seen others with this same experience. Go with a springers, and if you don’t like the look, my second choice would be an azure

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do my 180g in a year or two I will have a pile of azure damsels in there. They can be ***** but with other aggressive fish it's fine. They aren't terrors, just a little dickish.

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 yellow tail that I started the 75g with 3 yrs ago. They do nip and chase each other occasionally and I do see "war scars" every few months on some of them but they heal in 2 days. Most times no issues though. Luckily they are the smaller fish in the tank so they are kept in check by the larger clown. they ignore the fang-tooth blenny (for good reason I suppose) and sometimes have a stare down with the royal gramma. When they do squabble it is really only with each other. If they were larger I would have concerns - so get smallest ones you can if you go that route.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back