What are these bugs?!?!

paxton.rock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of bugs are these (pic 1) and are they good or bad. They are NOT copepods. Popped up a week ago and have expanded a lot! Also little spider web things popping up on my glass seen in
(pic 2)

IMG_2855.jpeg IMG_2860.jpeg

Salty_Northerner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask what you introduced into the tank recently? And I agree with @RocketEngineer on this one.

Bought 2 different jars of pods a while ago. 1 was galaxy pods and the other one I really can't recall. Like 18** something like that. I now have all sorts of weird ones that look like mutations but whatever, they do their job and I only see them really good at night with a flashlight.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of bugs are these (pic 1) and are they good or bad. They are NOT copepods. Popped up a week ago and have expanded a lot! Also little spider web things popping up on my glass seen in
(pic 2)

I have the same things in my tank that look like spider web things. Not sure what they are.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
(pic 2)

First pic munnid isopods, good guys. Second one hydroid jellyfish which will die out eventually.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First pic munnid isopods, good guys. Second one hydroid jellyfish which will die out eventually.
Are hydroid jellyfish bad? I have them in my tank too. What would you do about them?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back