What are these little guys?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mattshany
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mattshany

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2025
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
92115
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These things only come out at night and I don't know what they are. I tried using image search but nothing came up. Any suggestions to point me in the right direction would be helpful. They are about 1-2 mm (1/16 of an inch). That's green star polyps that they are next to on the rock. They don't seem to be bothering the coral or fish, though. I hope they might be pods of some kind, but I just want to make sure they aren't harmful.

Tank info:
50 gal all in one
3 cardinals, 1 yellow wrasse, 1 royal gramma, 1 fire fish
Green star polyp, Kenya tree coral, zoa, and monti cap
Tank was started back at the beginning of August.

20251108_204938.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20251108_205200.mp4
    44.2 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new