What are these things growing on my toadstool?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pom
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pom

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2017
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this toadstool (already attached to a piece of live rock) from diver's den and today I noticed all these things growing on the rock. What are they and should I remove them? Thanks.

fWjHu0L.jpg
 
Your picture didn't show :)
 
bump
 
Boy that's a good one, hydroids or polyps of some sort.
 
Sorry need a better images, looks like it could be clove type coral.
 
Look up colonial hydroids and compare the pictures to what is on your rock.
 
I was going to take another picture of the white clove things but they randomly disappeared? Now I found this black thing that opens and closes sometimes. What the heck! Should I just remove these corals or what?

65ED4B61-4F58-4F33-B7E1-634E81808D5A.jpg
 
bump
 
Your coral looks pretty healthy. Don't bother them. They want stability.
 
I was going to take another picture of the white clove things but they randomly disappeared? Now I found this black thing that opens and closes sometimes. What the heck! Should I just remove these corals or what?

65ED4B61-4F58-4F33-B7E1-634E81808D5A.jpg

No no no that tube growing on your torch is a nice feather duster
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new