What are these things!! Please help!

Breebree293

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
Northwood
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help! I just found these things in my tank tonight. I tried to look up what they were but all it said was cephalopods and I am not convinced that’s what they are. They are swimming and kind of hoping around the bottom of the tank, just above or on the sand. I just would like to know if they are dangerous to my fish and inverts
 
So hard to tell. Can you get a picture with your lights on?

(had to save target, and play on vlc to see the video)

#reefsqaud
 
I can’t view the video for some reason. Are the things you are seeing very small? Like little bugs? It is possible that they are copepods (cephalopods would be the class that includes octopus and squid I believe)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new