What are these worms and white specs?

Jackalope12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2025
Messages
98
Reaction score
97
Location
Quad Cities
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white specs seem to be eating algae. Do not look like the hydrangea I had before. I think the white specs can crawl

1749319290347974704671880179947.jpg 17493193213795737481488354465555.jpg
 
White spots that crawl and eat algae are usually Copepods.
They are larger than the tisbe I grow to seed the tanks. I did put in new snails 3 weeks ago so I suppose a different species could have come in on them
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new