What are these?!

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity I found these crowling only at this spot off the tank. They don’t look like pods or worms to my knowledge. What are they?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you would need a big macro camera setup. Probably nothing to worry about, just some harmless microfauna!
That what I thought. The shocking to me is its an fish only tank. Dryrock, drysand every thing was qted with copper and dipped. It’s amazing how these things found a way to here.

I like these hoppy :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe ostracods? We had a thread a few days ago where hundreds appeared in somebody's tank, looked sort of like this except they were on the rocks.
Interesting, are they harmful? I never introduced anything other than fish and snails. And they all went through qt. Also, the setup is around 18 months old and they just appear after all that time.

wondering how did they manage to get in

Upvote 0

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, are they harmful? I never introduced anything other than fish and snails. And they all went through qt. Also, the setup is around 18 months old and they just appear after all that time.

wondering how did they manage to get in

I don't think they're harmful. Should act like any other pod. As for how they got in, I suspect they came in on the snails if you didn't add any corals or live rock. If the snails can survive the treatment, so can any microfauna on them.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back