OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What percentages are you running your ai primes? I’m more concerned about the slowly dying corals at this point.

Stop the H202 dosing. There’s no reason to believe that something that kills algae won’t also harm the bacteria and microbiome in your tank.
I will stop dosing the h202 is live rock a good option

Attachments

• 0AACECBE-203A-4FC7-A176-7B31B3138A19.jpeg
    0AACECBE-203A-4FC7-A176-7B31B3138A19.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nitrates are low, feed more to the fish. What is your current light system and schedule?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok ill feed them more i just hoping for coraline i got the purple helix around a month ago how often everyday?
Coraline won't grow until your tank is mature enough and parameters have stabilized with consistency. Proper lighting also. My tank is 7 months and just started showing coraline algae and I used the helix bottle also. Some tanks never develop coraline. Some refers prefer not to have it also.

OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coraline won't grow until your tank is mature enough and parameters have stabilized with consistency. Proper lighting also. My tank is 7 months and just started showing coraline algae and I used the helix bottle also. Some tanks never develop coraline. Some refers prefer not to have it also.
Yeah so how long after you added the helix did the Coraline grow do you think it is bad that it isn't growing yet? or Is the because the algae is on the rocks

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah so how long after you added the helix did the Coraline grow do you think it is bad that it isn't growing yet? or Is the because the algae is on the rocks
Probably 3 months after. Algae is just part of the tank maturing process. If you test regularly, have proper lights and flow and keep your numbers in good ranges, the algae will pass and coraline will start showing up. It just requires patience and good husbandry of the tank. Remove what you can, get decent cleaner crew, try to avoid adding chemicals unless absolutely necessary and let your tank mature in phases properly.

OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably 3 months after. Algae is just part of the tank maturing process. If you test regularly, have proper lights and flow and keep your numbers in good ranges, the algae will pass and coraline will start showing up. It just requires patience and good husbandry of the tank. Remove what you can, get decent cleaner crew, try to avoid adding chemicals unless absolutely necessary and let your tank mature in phases properly.
do you think getting a little bit of actual live rock from my LFS is a good idea they started some around a year ago and added no other living things like pests or should I ask If I can get some from them they QT everything they get for +1month thanks for all the help

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you think getting a little bit of actual live rock from my LFS is a good idea they started some around a year ago and added no other living things like pests or should I ask If I can get some from them they QT everything they get for +1month thanks for all the help
Live rock has numerous benefits to help a tank mature quicker and stabilize. Yes, some minor pest risks but benefits outweigh those. I wish I would have used half live rock and half caribe sea when I first started.

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 snails a hermit a urchin my phos is .1-.03 my nitrate is 1.5-.8 ive added the purple helix coralline in a bottle should i get a tiny bit of live rock or something from my lfs they have no pests no aptasia nothing so could that add diversity and coraline i know i cant just have nothing on the rocks thx for the help
I agree your nitrate is low. I would hold off on a WC and do 15% every two weeks. Keep an eye on your phos and if it goes over .1 use some seachem phosguard to help with it. Need to get your nitrates up. My Evo started looking much better once I cut back on WC. I don't really chase numbers, but keep my nitrates 10-25 and phos under .1.

OP
OP
Tofu Brady

Tofu Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live rock has numerous benefits to help a tank mature quicker and stabilize. Yes, some minor pest risks but benefits outweigh those. I wish I would have used half live rock and half caribe sea when I first started.
nice could i add just a little bit of live rock like a pound if so where should i buy is because my dad has seen a lot about it and think everything dies if it is shipped thanks

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice could i add just a little bit of live rock like a pound if so where should i buy is because my dad has seen a lot about it and think everything dies if it is shipped thanks
Yes lot of people do that just make sure you prep it to remove any unwanted pests. There are good online vendors for it but your local LFS probably has some also that has been in their tanks for years.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back