What are yall feeding with

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with frozen thinking it was better way to go, with my next tank I'm looking to use frozen less and add in flake/pellet food curious tonwhat everyone uses or recommends, as well as coral foods

jpas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High quality frozen like LRS or Rods. Fish will be healthier and more resistant to parasites. I only feed pellets when I travel

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind flake and especially pellet is food will raise po4 quickly. Maybe I am bias because it’s local food but I don’t think I could ever give up LRS. I do add some reef roids sometimes and some chroma boost pellets but I have seen first hand that dry food can cause water issues quickly.

jaxredsoxfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a cube of mysis every morning. Reef roids once or twice a week for corals. Also have Neptune AFS that drops a small amount of pellets in the afternoon- and suppliment with Algae sheets on a clip.

OP
OP
Aheinz

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to do a balanced style between frozen flake/pellet (especially for when travelling), and good coral foods, even just quality brands will help narrow down the choices

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
DRY- San Fransisco bay, Hikari , cobalt and New life spectrum

Frozen: Hikari, San Fransisco Bay, Rods, LRS, Local brand (Limpits), cobalt and Pisces

PYRU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nls pellets, nori, market shrimp, clams on half shell, & diy frozen

philosophile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Golden pearls soaked in selcon, tigger-pods that I culture, a live baby guppy or five for my nems, also a cherry shrimp or two for the nems, and grindal worms. Reef roids for some of the jawbreakers that I’m farming.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like ocean nutrition flakes and new life spectrum probiotix pellets. The probiotix pellets are supposed to result in decreased phosphates from waste.

Phil85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed almost exclusively pellet. Create a combo mix of NLS, PE Mysis, and Hikari. The simplicity can’t be beat. Really the only time I use frozen is when adding a new fish, then slowly ween them to pellet.

Ecvernon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed NLS pellets via the Auto feeder. I feed a ton of frozen food to my triggers and other fish. I got tired of spending money on frozen food and went back to buying in bulk at Jemcho

I get either a block of Euphausia pacifica(just like very small mysis similar to Hikari) or a block Mysis relicta. (PE Mysis)
IMG_20190730_160337.jpg
IMG_20190808_015229.jpg

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed once a day and alternate between pellets and frozen food, mostly Mysis. The pellets are Dainichi and the frozen food is either Ocean Nutrition or Hikari. Once a week the corals are target fed Reed Roids. Tank is a 65g mixed reef.

I am in Sydney Australia so not sure if the branding is the same in other markets. I haven’t seen anyone else mention Dainichi pellets.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back