What are you dosing (beyond 2 part)

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my tank is mature and alk and Ca are balanced 8 & 430 respectively. Have a mix of full colonies sps and frags. Daily 2 part usage is about 30ml (BRS 2 part) Would like to bring Mg online but really I just want an excuse to buy the red sea 4 head. So leads me to ask... what is everyone dosing beyond the big three? Is it worth it?? Or if you do have 2 part going and all the sudden you had 4 more dosing heads what would you run on them?

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose ALL For Reef via a doser which keeps my tank stable in the Big 3 but it's the only thing dosed automatically. 3 heads do nothing.
I dose manually, Chaeto Grow, Amino Acids,Phyto and Vodka.

I don't wish to dose anything else automatically for fear of a malfunction that pollutes the tank

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose EZ trace in my 3 systems.
It keep mag, K, and iodine levels constant. I have been using it for 6 years now with good results.
Currently dosing 6ml a day in my 120, 3ml in my 45 frag and 1ml in my 20 nano.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing 2 part and very little 2 part for me even. Maybe some alk mg with top off every couple days.

my tank has just started a hoard of corraline spots everywhere.

i dont know what your working with but reactors seems to be the long term case for maintaining

Attachments

• 6DB6FC23-40A0-456C-BBDD-006C2FE6C27F.jpeg
    6DB6FC23-40A0-456C-BBDD-006C2FE6C27F.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 20

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey family I dose ATI essentials pro, been using the stuff since it came out and prior to that I was using ATI Essentials. For those unaware, its a two part that does include major and minor trace elements. It works pretty well, however based on numerous ICP test I dose very specific elements my system uses when normal dosing isn't keeping up.

Here are the items i dose:
ATI Essentials Pro (1 & 2)
Nitrate
Phosphorous
Manganese
Iodine
Barium

I wouldn't recommend dosing specific elements unless you are in tune with your aquarium and have /is willing to send multiple ICP tests.

OP
OP
becon776

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose ALL For Reef via a doser which keeps my tank stable in the Big 3 but it's the only thing dosed automatically. 3 heads do nothing.
I dose manually, Chaeto Grow, Amino Acids,Phyto and Vodka.

I don't wish to dose anything else automatically for fear of a malfunction that pollutes the tank
Very cool. I did see a bit about that in the new brs video. That would free up a dosing head.

I failed to mention that I also do 1.5 gallon per day AWC. The two Part is run by trident controlled dosing. I wonder if you can just dose that all4reef based on alk usage. Have you encountered any imbalances using it?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at your other thread and playing with a calculator, it looks like your Reefer 450 goes through around 0.5 dKH per day. The Ca consumption for that would equate to about 3-4 ppm per day. Mg consumption for that ratio would be about 1/10th that, or 0.3 ppm per day. I wouldn't bother with a dosing pump for that. I'd just test for Mg once a month and bolus dose as needed.

I don't dose anything besides alk and Ca. I don't see a point, if you're doing at least some water changes. Some people like to, however.

OP
OP
becon776

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I know I just really want this doser. Hahahah. I am at the point where now I am looking at these slick control boards and wire management setups and I just love the doser for this reason the DOS is like a bulldozer when all that is needed is a shovel. I really really wish Neptune would come out with ine in similiar form factor. I am in the process of raising Mg which is why I think I need a doser. Bc the volume needed to raise levels is ALOT with the BRS liquid.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bc the volume needed to raise levels is ALOT with the BRS liquid.
It does take a lot. I would use bulk magnesium chloride. Even mag sulfate (epsom) is fine as long as you aren't doing it often or in huge amounts.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back